PDA

View Full Version : SimCom Orlando

Jumbo744
7th Dec 2011, 13:38
Hello!

I am heading to SimCom in Orlando to do a King Air 200 Initial training.

Have you ever dealt with them? Do you have any comments regarding the quality of the training? I understand that their B200 Sim is not full motion, would that make a big difference?

Any inputs appreciated.

Thanks!

youngskywalker
7th Dec 2011, 16:24
Yeah I did that course a few years ago at Simcom Orlando. Nice people there and modern facilities. I had one to one instruction from a very experienced ex airline Captain with an encyclopedic knowledge on King Airs.

The sim is non motion but decent visuals and after a while I didnt notice the lack of motion, I was pretty engrossed in the task!
It's an old clockwork flight deck too, although I think they are building a new proline 21 KingAir sim.

The training manuals are okay, not up to the same standard as perhaps Flightsafety or Simuflite but you pay an awful lot more for those two! They do have a very useful room full of old King Air parts and a 'cut-a-way' PT6engine, great for understanding the technical aspects. The course is quite short if I remember rightly about 5-6 days, I had to work quite hard in the evenings to crunch all the numbers.

If you get a good instructor you will learn an awful lot. I finished the course a day early and they let me play with the sim on my own on the final day.

All in all I had a great experience and managed a day at the theme parks at the end of the course!

oh, and wednesday is free pizza day at SIMCOM orlando! :)

Jumbo744
8th Dec 2011, 03:20
Thanks a lot for your reply, greatly appreciated :)

Jumbo744
7th Jan 2012, 00:04
Just a quick update:

I have finished my King Air 200 training today at SimCom and I must say that I am very happy with the quality of this school! I had C P as my instructor and he is the best I have ever had!

:ok: