PDA

View Full Version : Emirates flight training center

gerpols
5th Dec 2011, 14:37
Emirates has announced plans to set up a dedicated $109 million flight training center in Dubai that will be able to train up to 400 students at a time.

Saw this announcement on Pilotcareercenter.com.
Anyone knows if they will be hiring instructors soon ?

Fly safe !

Fart Master
5th Dec 2011, 16:51
Rumoured to be in the Silicon Oasis area

captain.weird
5th Dec 2011, 17:24
Only for the UAE nationals or are they going to accept international cadets too?

Fart Master
6th Dec 2011, 13:39
UAE Cadets, other airlines cadets and self sponsored as well

r0v3r
6th Dec 2011, 14:15
Hopefully they'll accept self-sponsored international cadets. Is there any chance they'll take fresh F-ATPL graduates from this academy directly in the airline? After all they have to fill those amounts of planes they have ordered, and with the current recruitment rate, and the stupid 30tonne rule, they won't be able to do so.

They are probably looking for some alternatives. I highly doubt they'll take fresh graduates out of any academy, although I really hope they do.

Wizofoz
6th Dec 2011, 20:24
Not the plan at the moment, but it is probably a hedge against future shortages.

captain.weird
6th Dec 2011, 20:39
Will the self sponsored international cadets get the chance to enroll within Emirates?

When is it going to start..? Let me think, there is nothing right now or not? No building, planes etc..?

SAS-A321
6th Dec 2011, 22:52
Why is EK spending money on training cadets when there is plenty suitable pilots available out there? Would it not be smarter to spend a little extra on getting current pilots up to their standard or are they getting too snobbish? :ugh:

atpcliff
7th Dec 2011, 00:40
There are not lots of pilots....which is why they've been continuously lowering their minimum requirements for pilots since they started hiring again in 2009.

They know the pilot shortage will get worse, so they are preparing for it.

cliff
ANC

Trader
7th Dec 2011, 06:55
From my understanding the school is not affiliated with EK directly and there will be no tracking from the school to EK by international students.

Jolly Foreigner
7th Dec 2011, 08:50
The training college is next on the list to be constructed once The World has been finished :ok:

littlejet
7th Dec 2011, 12:41
it is for DECs

r0v3r
7th Dec 2011, 18:39
An answer to SAS-A321 question - Currently EK is only spending money on training UAE nationals. They don't accept people from other nationalities to apply for training. Basically it's because the UAE government is investing in their own people. It's in their interest. In this country mostly locals are treated well and with respect, unlike ex-pats.