PDA

View Full Version : ssaa??

fzsn
2nd Dec 2011, 04:17
Hey guys,
i'm a student and i got asked a question today,
what is an ssaa?
i have no idea what it is, i think its related to safe aviation activities but im not sure.
can anyone shed any light on this or is this to vague?

Chu Mai Huang
2nd Dec 2011, 04:37
It comes from within the CASA DAMP - Drug and Alcohol Management Plan that various aviation organisations must have in place:

Safety-sensitive aviation activities are:

· any actions taken by a person in an aerodrome testing area (including the persons presence in the area) other than as a passenger

· any of the following activities, wherever they occur:

o calculation of the position of freight, baggage, passengers and fuel on aircraft

o the maintenance, certification of maintenance or manufacture of aircraft, aeronautical products, ground based navigation aids or radar

o the fuelling and maintenance of vehicles that will be used to fuel aircraft on aerodrome testing areas

o activities undertaken by an airport security guard or screening person in the course of their duties as a guard or person

o activities undertaken by a member of the operating crew of an aircraft in the course of that persons duties as a crew member

o the loading and unloading of trolleys containing baggage for loading onto aircraft or unloading from aircraft and the driving of such trolleys

o activities undertaken by an air traffic controller in the course of the controller's duties as a controller, or the supervisor of such a person

o the provision of aviation fire fighting services; and

o providing flight information and search and rescue alert services:

o to a pilot or operator of an aircraft immediately before the flight of the aircraft,

o to a pilot or operator of an aircraft, during the flight of the aircraft;

o as an intermediary for communications between a pilot or operator of the aircraft and an air traffic controller

kingRB
2nd Dec 2011, 05:52
Sporting Shooters Association of Australia

Lasiorhinus
2nd Dec 2011, 08:15
Shorthanded Sailing Association of Australia.

Shorthanded Sailing Association of Australia (http://www.ssaa.com.au)

Its a club for gliders (sailplanes), which no one else thinks are safe.