PDA

View Full Version : Licence Authentication Form

Deconneur
28th Nov 2011, 17:03
How do you authenticate a licence if you live in the USA.
I was asked to bring a certified letter from my civil aviation authority (FAA) to the ME
But the FAA told me that the only way to obtain a letter is to ask the prospect employer to contact them directly, and then they can issue a letter directly to the company.
I was able to obtain a licence verification copy on line, but I’m not sure if it is valid to bring to the ME
How are you guys (US pilots) doing this process?
Deconneur

Panama Jack
28th Nov 2011, 17:14
I had to do something like this several years ago. I believe I just asked the person requesting the authentication for his e-mail, went into the FAA Airmen Certification On-Line service, clicked "Request Verification of Airmen Privledges" and put their e-mail address into the "Other E-mail" box. The addressee gets an e-mail with the attachment of a signed letter in .pdf format directly from the FAA Civil Aviation Registry within minutes. I believe some of the other overly-official requests for certified and stamped letters (etc.) are because most civil aviation authorities don't have such a user-friendly system (or they want to charge $$$ for the letter).

Airmen Certification - Airmen On-Line Services (http://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/airmen_certification/airmen_services)

Try this option first to see if your airline will accept it.

Deconneur
29th Nov 2011, 20:26
Thanx.

Grand Deconneur.