PDA

View Full Version : Fancy free flying?

billiboing
28th Nov 2011, 13:51
No really. But there is a catch ( there always is!

Run a flying school and also have aircraft out of lease, and each week end up with aircraft stuck in the wrong places.

Looking for a competent PPL with time to spare for positioning flights.

Good bit is that you will get free flying.

THE CATCH!

Bad bit is that you will often have to make your own way back or to some airfield that has been built in the middle of nowhere and you will be picking aircraft up that have often had work done to them by the engineers etc etc

Second bad bit- the aircraft are boring- Cessna 150s/ 152s, PA28s, Pa38s, etc etc

Sorry cant even pay expenses but you will get quite a bit of flying!

PM for details

Based Oxfordshire/ Northamptonshire border.

Thanks

KembleKid
29th Nov 2011, 10:39
Out of curiosity, would an arrangement like this still fall within the various rules for the definition of a 'Private Flight' and cost sharing as a PPL?

seneca208
29th Nov 2011, 10:43
From my understanding, if the aircraft are operating under an AOC for a training organisation or other commercial op, it would not fall under the 'private flying' banner. Even though you are not being paid, you are being rewarded with hours which in itself, is remuneration. How I see it, is that you require a CPL; but I could be wrong.

Genghis the Engineer
29th Nov 2011, 10:53
There are more than a few job-hunting CPLs out there who'd be glad of the hours.

Problem solved!

G

AucT
29th Nov 2011, 15:18
I am sure PPL holders can fly on this "missions" provided they pay a nominal £1 fee for "hiring" aircraft one way from one airfield to another.

J.A.F.O.
29th Nov 2011, 15:22
AucT, yeah, the authorities would never see through that one, you're right.

billiboing
29th Nov 2011, 15:44
Flying school aircraft are not under the remit of a AOC but fall under the remit of a Registered Training Facility or as we are all transferring to under the remit of EASA to Approved Training Organisation.

GeeWhizz
29th Nov 2011, 16:32
Don't know how the legalities work but wouldn't this be nice...

Hire a 'voluntary PA' or whatever ground job title. Cost share to position the aircraft, 50-50. Provide a 'perk of the job' flying discount of say 50% and the PPL pays 25% of the overall ac hire. For a £100p/h wet 172 for example, the PPL pays £25p/h. I'm sure there are many PPLs that would fly for £25p/h (providing trains/taxi etc aren't too expensive).

Cpt.Iwillbe
30th Nov 2011, 06:53
Really appreciate it but will this offer last till next year?

Thanks, god bless & Happy Landings