PDA

View Full Version : info on Jumeira baccalaureate school JBS

alegase
28th Nov 2011, 09:16
Hello to all:

I will be going to DXB soon and I am looking at schools for my kids now. I have kind of an opening at JBS. So far is the only one that its available. I will have to pocket a lot of dirhams since the allowance doesnt cover the whole. Any information on that school and if any of you have kids there?

Thanks for your comments I would really apreciate the info.

desert queen
30th Nov 2011, 18:21
Hi Alegase, I think the reason as to why you are not getting any feedback on this school, is that none of us have heard of it before.

Maybe be a good idea to look further. How old are your kids?

alegase
1st Dec 2011, 02:42
Thanks Desert Queen and Radlettrejoin.

I recieved a PM and been following on the Info.

Yes they change the name and its quite expensive especially for the 7th year old since the allowance covers only 40,000.

My kids are 7 and 13 years old. I also recieved now info on Greenfield community school But my wife found out about a fire in a quemical factory near by. The school look good and also price but my wife now is investigating on that issue of surounding of the school.

Thanks for the information.

Alegase.

Turkeyslapper
3rd Dec 2011, 14:38
Have a look at STAR international school (near umm sequeim). Its a fairly new school, good student staff ratios and it does have a pretty good feel about the place. Also quite affordable compared to the Wellingtons, Raffles et al.

My kids go there and they love it!

Turkey

Left Coaster
3rd Dec 2011, 15:55
GCS is quite fine with us...one of ours attends and has a good circle of friends, likes the teachers (mostly...) and as for the fire, we found the reaction of the school as well as the Civil Defense and the resulting safety precautions to be well handled and professionally managed. The Green Community is a bit out of the way for some, there is some manufacturing in the area, but does not cause any more concern than many other areas of this city...good luck with the search!

Hella
4th Dec 2011, 04:05
it is actually a completely new school, ASD moved to a new campus in Barsha, this school teaches the IB and IPC, my 5 year old is there since last year and loves it and so do we, yes, the fees are not cheap but then it's in Jumeira, which is one of the top notch living areas in dubai. we were hesitant first too when looking last year but i suggest you go and have a look and speak to staff there and just look at the kids, they are happy and i love how the school looks too. hope that helps a bit.

desert queen
4th Dec 2011, 05:26
I also know of a couple of kids at the Greenfield Community School. They seem pretty happy there. You could always place them there until something comes up at one of the bigger schools. The only problem with GCS as mentioned by Left Coater is the distance, depending on where you are staying.