PDA

View Full Version : Black Arrows 22 Hunter loop

alexis_lambert
27th Nov 2011, 22:52
Isnt it about time the Red Arrows borrowed the required extra Hawks flown by ex members of the team & beat the record set by 111's Black Arrows?

Noah Zark.
28th Nov 2011, 08:51
I'm sure it would be a wonderful sight, especially for those of us who are either in the job, been in it, in or ex the industry generally, or enthusiasts. I'm equally sure the members of the team would be "up" for it too, but I can't help feeling that in light of recent events, it probably would not be well received at the moment.
Perhaps when the team had returned to normality, in the middle of next season, before the Hawk is possibly axed, would be good.

alexis_lambert
28th Nov 2011, 16:36
Or on the other hand, what a way to bounce back???
There's always the 60th anniversary in 2018, surely that's enough time to start planning, be even better if it was done while Roger Topp is still with us.

henry crun
28th Nov 2011, 19:46
An obvervation from a long way away, I think you are dreaming.

The RAF are being subject to draconian budget cuts, squadrons and other units are being disbanded, and front line aircraft are being scrapped to save money.

Now you suggest that a significant number of Hawks be taken away from the task they are currently performing, thus delaying that training commitment.
The extra pilots have to be selected and moved with the Hawks to a base airfield.
If you know anything about formation flying you will know that working up a formation of this size with take time and practice.

Finally, ask yourself, when money is short, will the RAF have the commitment to carry this out ?

oxenos
29th Nov 2011, 16:11
About as likely as the Grey Ladies reforming.

http://www.pprune.org/military-aircrew/458397-grey-ladies.html

BOAC
29th Nov 2011, 21:03
Just think - if they hadn't scrapped the 'Mighty Rod'........................

sycamore
29th Nov 2011, 22:09
Ever heard of the `Green Barrows`.....? Could be called the `Blue/Grey Rinse 5 ` now....or possibly the `Brize Rinse 5` as they`ve changed location..