PDA

View Full Version : Vueling loses COO to Iberia Express ( the new CEO )

Jimmy Hoffa Rocks
25th Nov 2011, 22:20
The new CEO of Iberia Express has been announced.
Luis Gallego COO abandons Vueling for Iberia Express.
Vueling looking for a new COO. They better take their time to find a good one as they will need one.

Lets see what kind of leadership role Vueling Alex Cruz takes.

As the pilots of Iberia head for a strike in December with the backing of Flight Attendants., as the pilots refuse a mediator. Iberia and IAG not interested in reaching a deal with their pilots, it is going to cost them at Christmas.
In Spain minimum services can mean quite a few flights can go in a strike.

Clearly Iberia wants a Clickair style operation, no union ( young, cheap and mercenary pilots with no benefits ) for Iberia Express. Will be looked on as scab labour by Iberia pilots. A union breaking airline again.

See link in Spanish

Luis Gallego, consejero delegado de Iberia Express | Intereconomía | 652760 (http://www.intereconomia.com/noticias-negocios/empresas/luis-gallego-consejero-delegado-iberia-express-20111124)

MD80rookie
27th Nov 2011, 20:53
I understand IB pilots for biting the hand that is slapping them.

But, I feel sorry for the spanish carriers....

Iver
28th Nov 2011, 00:22
If Spain and the rest of Europe get closer and closer to bankruptcy, can Iberia maintain its airfare levels, load factors and profits considering its current cost structure? I can understand why management would want lower cost structure considering the possibility that revenues and profits could dip even more. My hope is that Management lowers their own compensation levels (doubtful) in solidarity. I would not bet on that. Even more concerning for Iberia is the growing presence of low-cost EasyJet and Ryanair in/around Spain. Low fares and lower margins are here to stay!

Microburst2002
28th Nov 2011, 16:35
Why would IB medium and short haul have to be "subtly" transformed in a low cost while BA medium/short just kept as usual?

There is many who see a logic in the following: "I have to reduce costs due to tough competition, therefore I have to turn my workforce into slaves". Some people who is not management nor shareholders, nor entrepreneur, they feel they understand those who claim that it is necessary to significantly reduce workers terms and conditions. This is a form of stockholm syndrome.

Look: having slaves instead of workers is cheating. The challenge is to reduce costs without reducing salaries by efficient and clever managing. If still you decide to reduce salaries, then you also have to agree to equally reduce both management salaries and bonuses as well as shareholders profits. Otherwise you are cheating again!

good luck for the Iberia mates!

LGS6753
28th Nov 2011, 19:30
Spain, like Greece, Portugal, Ireland etc is bust. As they've signed up to the euro :yuk: they can't devalue their currency, so instead have to have 'internal consolidation' as the economists call it, ie pay reductions.
No choice - they want a german currency they must show german productivity, or be ejected.

(Not particularly airline staff - all employees in the whole country. 'They are all in this together'.)

Tough on those who work hard and honestly - if they don't like the consequences, they should attack the eurocrats - the real villains!