PDA

View Full Version : chivenor sea king

flybeboy
25th Nov 2011, 03:59
i understand 29th november a sea king will arriving by road at chivenor, this will be a time expired frame, could this be a gate guardor instruction frame anybody else heard anything, its due around 3pm .:D

That SAR Chap
25th Nov 2011, 23:36
This made me laugh out loud. Stated with such conviction, too.

27th Nov 2011, 15:27
No, it's being sent to Chivenor so the best engineers in the SAR Force can fix it:ok:

pasptoo
27th Nov 2011, 17:50
Well you do need them given your serviceability record.

:ok:

lundytom
27th Nov 2011, 18:05
Didn't you send one off on a low loader earlier in the year?

27th Nov 2011, 19:13
Lundytom - yes, that one had a big station 290 crack and went for repair.

Pasptoo - what, the 99.99% availability of the 1st standby at Chivenor stats?

The remaining 0.01% was caused by going live on HUMS without having analysed the capture data from the last few years to ensure the TRDS vib levels were within the HUMS limits. That's not poor engineering, that is the PT not doing their job properly.

The Helpful Stacker
27th Nov 2011, 20:09
Call me old fashioned but I remember when posting information relating to times and dates of military movements by road on a publicly accessible resource was considered 'a bad thing'.

Any idea if there are any handy culverts about, particularly those that may be near traffic flow bottle necks? Just to provide fullness of information you understand.

28th Nov 2011, 08:29
THS - and I expect you don't go out in uniform in public and still drop your carkeys 'accidentally' so you can check for UVIEDs:ugh:

lundytom
28th Nov 2011, 08:35
Crab 99.9% where were you last thursday?

The Helpful Stacker
28th Nov 2011, 09:15
Crab - Risking your own security through your actions and risking that of others are two very different things. I'm sure you are intelligent enough to understand this concept.

WE Branch Fanatic
28th Nov 2011, 22:40
Wearing uniform in public is one thing, but telling the ehtire world what road you will be taking tommorow and at what time is quite another.

NutLoose
28th Nov 2011, 23:03
Believe me a lot of movements are broadcast around the web before those that are receiving the thing even know it is coming.
Half of the stuff shipped back from the sandpit will be on the web before it hits the low loader, especially as it tends to come through civilian airports. True not good to add to the publicity, but to move something the size of a Seaking by road there will be so many other civilian agencies involved that the information will already have been disseminated far and wide.

I find it is often common knowledge what helicopters, Chinooks, Lynx etc are coming back to the Uk when and where they are going, true I keep it to myself, but with any civilian airport a lot of people will know, same went for the Jag wing swops.

It is a fact of living in the 21st century where a mobile phone image can be on the web seconds after being taken along with GPS details of it's location, couple that with a diminishing amount of bases, and tracking these movements is not exactly rocket science.

29th Nov 2011, 08:55
OK OK, a Sea King is NOT being transported to a mystery base in the SW today and will NOT be fixed by anyone with any knowledge of Military aircraft movements. Happy now?

More useful int is lost every week by numpties with military laptops but don't let perspective get in the way of your outrage.

You probably still say beadwindow on the RT.

flybeboy
29th Nov 2011, 13:28
the sea king arrived har3 ex falklands xz590 f

Kreuger flap
29th Nov 2011, 16:35
OK OK, a Sea King is NOT being transported

And nor was this Hercules transported on the M4http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/50723000/jpg/_50723452_jex_12898_de37-1.jpg.

Nobody saw anything, nada, Rien, ingenting, ei mitään, Ничего, Τίποτ, Niets, khe chain, Gar nicht, 무가치, ekkert. Capiche?

Oh and it wasn't advertised on the BBC website either. Nope this link doesn't take you to it at all.

BBC News - Second RAF Hercules aircraft to be transported by road (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-12194519)

NutLoose
29th Nov 2011, 18:27
I rest my case!

Roadrunning AS/R Sea King - Key Publishing Ltd Aviation Forums (http://forum.keypublishing.com/showthread.php?t=113476)

Poltergeist
29th Nov 2011, 19:46
Kreugerflap! thanks just spat me coffee out PMSL!