PDA

View Full Version : flight across the South Atlantic

chimichanga
25th Nov 2011, 09:46
Hi,

I am trying to plan a route between FNLU - Luanda, Angola and SBRF (Recife, Brazil).

Does anybody out there have much experience planning a S. Atlantic crossing and if so, can you recommend a possible route?

I spoke with one dispatcher and he told me to look at FNLU G2411A ONTAR UA611 AVIGI URAPI ASN DAGAM ASANU UDIGA BUGAT
UR551 REC UM791 CPG CPGA SBRF.

I am not sure, but this route seems very odd. :confused:

Thanks.

Broomstick Flier
26th Nov 2011, 12:25
Hi mate,

On a previous life I planned a lot of this crossings, I would suggest you to google AORRA as it will give you some reference.

What kind of aircraft? Please keep in mind that ETP has to be taken in account and this will have direct influence on the actual routing.

I am off home on flight but later today or tomorrow I will dig my archives to see if I have an old SA crossing nav log.

Cheers,
BF

chimichanga
29th Nov 2011, 15:22
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. It's a G4.

Thanks!!

Broomstick Flier
9th Dec 2011, 10:22
Hi Chimichanga

Sorry for the delay I had some extra work to do and had no time to dig my files, but, alas, I indeed found some routings I did plan for this leg in the past:

Here we go:

FNLU DCT VNA DCT 0910S DCT 0905S DCT 0900S DCT OSUKO DCT 0905W DCT 0910W DCT 0915W DCT 0920W DCT 0925W DCT 0930W DCT FLUTE DCT REC DCT SBRF

ETP airports for this routing were FNLU, FHAW and SBRF itself. Aircraft was a Falcon 2000EX, so I guess it is whithin the capabilities of the G4.

Today with AORRA you might have a slightly different routing due to the entry and exit positions. Also keep in mind this was a more or less random routing, very close to the MTT for that day.

On tip I give you, and that I only learned years later when actualy flying such a route on the RHS is to try as hard as possible to include on the route the FIR crossing points as the chances you will be asked them is big and now always do the round coordinates above match with the FIR crossing points.

PM me if you contacts/handler in SBRF as I know some companies there.

Cheers
BF