PDA

View Full Version : Beagle Pup door

pulse1
24th Nov 2011, 06:34
We took off shortly after that Pup and it was quite hot, we were slightly downwind and, with everything working as advertised in our Condor, you had to fly accurately to maintain any sort of climb rate and safely clear the trees.

I've never flown a Pup 100 but I imagine the extra drag and distraction of a door opening in those conditions would not be helpful.

Edited to say that this post should be No 3

Fake Sealion
24th Nov 2011, 12:53
I have only just got round to reading the AAIB Bulletin for November. Apart from the unusual number of accidents resulting from bounced landings one incident is of interest.

Just purely out of interest in what way would a Pup passenger door opening in flight result in an (apparent) inability to maintain height.

Edited to say how did Pulse1 end up as Post No 1 when at 0734 this morning he posted an answer to my OP about 6 hours before I asked the question:ok: Come on give us some lottery numbers!

Rod1
24th Nov 2011, 13:20
That is a good question! Pup doors coming open during aerobatics was quite common at one time. It happened to me during a duel AOPA ABR flight in a pup 100 many years ago. It makes a lot of noise but we stayed airborne fine.

Rod1