PDA

View Full Version : Lufty Grouch

Pegpilot
23rd Nov 2011, 20:08
Just booked a pre-crimble trip to Stuttgart for the family to see the christmas markets and sample the gluehwein. The Lufty website is pretty straightforward, but I was a little disappointed that a debit card booking could only be made through the credit card option route with an 18 pound surcharge (for 4 people in total, not each I should add). The only other options were corporate debit card or paypal, so basically I was stuffed. I'm just a little disappointed that an otherwise reputable airline is unable (or unwilling) to distinguish between a debit card and credit card booking, and so the surcharge becomes pretty much compulsory for most. The amount involved is not an abuse on the scale of, say, FR, but I'm a little miffed all the same. Other than that, a grand day's circuit bashing today at Husbands Bosworth in the back seat of a glider, with a wonderful sunset and some great photographs. Semi retirement has a lot going for it !

Sygyzy
24th Nov 2011, 01:34
You mention that Paypal is one of the payment options. It takes only a few minutes to set up a PayPal account and you can then have those payments charged to your c/c via PayPal. It's free-or nearly so, and certainly not as much as you're being charged-and would get around those pesky c/c charges I believe.

boardingpass
24th Nov 2011, 07:08
I agree with hvogt, I just flew with them last week, booked via expedia.com It was a little cheaper than the LH website and no credit card surcharge! :ok:

SpringHeeledJack
24th Nov 2011, 07:32
Write them a complaint by email. If they have misled you during the payment process they might want to rectify that ? Enjoy the Weihnachtsmarkt in Stuttgart :ok:

hvogt
24th Nov 2011, 12:29
Why did you book via Lufty's website in the first place? Tickets for their scheduled flights are normally cheaper elsewhere. When I fly with them I often make the booking via opodo.de. No credit card surcharge there, and the ticket prices are always below what Lufthansa are offering on their own site.

Pegpilot
24th Nov 2011, 18:25
Danke sehr, Herr Hvogt. Next time I'll look in to it. Good tip.