PDA

View Full Version : Typhoon vs MiG/F15/F18Supers

Boogeyboard
21st Nov 2011, 14:25
Typhoon Exercise (http://www.raf.mod.uk/news/archive/typhoon-exercise-18112011)

Would like to have been a fly on the wall in the crew room for that exercise.

Hope it all went well chaps.

APG63
21st Nov 2011, 14:52
Me too, BB. Looks like it went well. Mind you, is the RAF website going to tell the world about all the things that went wrong???? Sure as Hell 6 Sqn aren't!

Wander00
21st Nov 2011, 15:04
You would have thought someone would have gone through the MOD piece looking for inappropriate apostrophes. But that apart, "Well done, 6 Sqn"

APG63
22nd Nov 2011, 11:36
Ah, looks like this det took up a LOT of logs and eng support. Flying rates back home not so good. Well, we need to fly the flag!

FoxtrotAlpha18
22nd Nov 2011, 23:28
There were no Supers at Bersama Lima...just RAAF and RMAF Classics.

The Supers were at Bersama Shield earlier in the year and flew against RMAF and RSAF only.

Xam
23rd Nov 2011, 02:26
I hope the Minister was sold a very expensive watch during the visit (only the oldies will understand this jibe). http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/evil.gif

Only the best of bugimatics that have passed the Tiger test!

Lima Juliet
23rd Nov 2011, 05:40
Two Typhoons supported by an RAF VC-10 also deployed to Singapore for a day-long event at Changi Airbase attended by UK Defence Secretary Philip Hammond.

I hope the Minister was sold a very expensive watch during the visit (only the oldies will understand this jibe). :E

LJ

Boogeyboard
23rd Nov 2011, 10:07
Strange how logistics and support on any aircraft become more problematic the sunnier the climes. Layovers in Penang must have been a nightmare. ;)

Widger
24th Nov 2011, 11:38
i see the Trail report states that they all arrived in Malaysia fully serviceable, despite the long 7000 mile journey! That's confidence for you.

Now....if we still had the SHAR and a ship to operate them off...............................OOOHHHHH Sorry, look there..................I've gone and done it.................................woken up WEBF!

The Helpful Stacker
24th Nov 2011, 16:30
How long would it have taken for a carrier to sail to Malaysia from the UK?

Oh and no cheating with the "it could have been pre-deployed" line.

cornish-stormrider
24th Nov 2011, 20:11
Widger, look at the floor, avoid eye contact and back away slowly.
we might have gotten away with it.

Pontius Navigator
29th Nov 2011, 10:32
i see the Trail report states that they all arrived in Malaysia fully serviceable

Even the tanker?

AR1
29th Nov 2011, 15:07
So Malaysia didn't commit the Sukhoi's? They put on a stunning show over KLCC for Merdeka a couple of years back so they're mature enough in service to have been used.

lj101
29th Nov 2011, 17:06
Even the tanker?

Yep!

The only unserviceable aircraft was the Hercules.