PDA

View Full Version : Modular ATPL and the (middle) East?

XanderFly
21st Nov 2011, 05:27
Hi everyone,

I'm busy obtaining my PPL and I already have the ATPL theory on my bookshelf, because I want to be commercial pilot. However, the British Airways FPP showed up, and I applied. I did assessment in Coventry at FTEJerez. I didn't made it to the final stage, but I did well enough to got invited for the integrated program of FTE, and I'm strongly consider that option. If I'm not going to take an integrated course, I'm going to build hours in my home country, and will take the combined IR/ME/CPL course at FTEJerez, including the MCC course up there.

At this moment I have a very well paying job (permanent contract) and I'm almost able to fund the modular training by myself. If I'd like to take the integrated way, I need to borrow 100k. I'm living together with my girlfriend, who has an even better paying job than I do :) We both have a masters degree, so I'm not afraid about paying back the loan. But don't having a loan is preferable. Of course I know the implications of doing modular vs integrated if I try to find a job in Europe, but I'm not familiar with the implications for the Middle East (like the Emirates) or China, India, Japan, etc. For me and my girlfriend (we're not planning getting kids at this stage) it's not a big deal to stay a few years in the east and try to find a job in Europe again.

Questions:
1) Can anyone provide me some information about applying with modular ATPL in the (Middle) East versus integrated?

2) Does FTE raises the course price for integrated for 2012 (as a lot FTO's do)? FTE didn't replied my e-mails so far. I try to call them this week if I didn't heard anything.

3) Any other good advices? :)

Thank you very much in advance!

Alzandor
21st Nov 2011, 12:53
There are decent FTO's in Spain,Greece not so sure about Italy. The financial crisis doesnt dont play their quality as institutions or countries. Unfortunately a lot of the world will be going through financial problems for some time to come but as an internation student that can sometimes benefit you as far as pay goes. At the end of the day your JAA license is the same as any other schools in the eyes of an airline it will all come down to your scores wheather you passed everything first time round and then mainly how good your assesment goes.