PDA

View Full Version : Can I get a Mil Doc to do my CPL medical?

ralphmalph
20th Nov 2011, 20:38
Anyone got any ideas? I had heard that this was now dead and buried....any news?

Cheers

Ralph

TurbineTooHot
20th Nov 2011, 21:05
If they are CAA certified then the sure can....

Most med centres have a doc in who is, you just have to ask around. The locums maybe a good source.

Rates vary from a good bottle of something to a donation to the RMC tea bar fund in my experience.

Best o' luck.

TTH

Lima Juliet
20th Nov 2011, 22:14
Most medical centres do not have a CAA AME these days, but it is always worth asking. The bottle of something or the RMC BBQ or tea-bar fund is also long gone.

The CAA now charge the RAF CAA-qualed Doc for issuing the paperwork via an electronic system that they have to pass on to you - or they foot the bill!

Finally, I believe all Class 1 meds have to go for initial at Gatwick these days (aircrew or not). So unless you have been issued a Class 1 previously then it is not possible unless a renewal by a RAF Dr (edit: I'm 100% sure this is the case since 1 Jan 09 having looked it up for you).

The SMO at Honington is fully clued up on this as a serving RAF Wg Cdr AME - try dropping him a friendly e-mail on Dii.

Sorry to p!ss on your bonfire TTH but things have changed of late.

LJ

Sloppy Link
21st Nov 2011, 04:13
Aside from initial Class 1, Wattisham can do it. Charge for the ECG to be read by the CAA and a contribution to the brew fund and Doc's annual training bill.

TurbineTooHot
21st Nov 2011, 05:42
LJ

No apologies necessary old chap, thanks for the update. Must have just missed the cut.

TTH

Trim Stab
21st Nov 2011, 07:39
Here in France, with a French licence, I have to have my Class 1 medical done by the military (in my case French navy)!