PDA

View Full Version : "Crappy" USN Carrier

jamesdevice
18th Nov 2011, 08:59
Carrier Bush suffers widespread toilet outages - Navy News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq - Navy Times (http://www.navytimes.com/news/2011/11/navy-carrier-bush-suffers-widespread-toilet-outages-111411w/)

Who has the plumbing contract for the CVF?

APG63
18th Nov 2011, 09:01
So it's official. GWB really is full of...

Union Jack
18th Nov 2011, 09:35
So it's official. GWB really is full of...

Apparently not, observing that the ship is named after his father, GHWB.:=

Jack

Dengue_Dude
18th Nov 2011, 09:35
How appropriate, must remember to name one of our two HMS Tony Blair

airborne_artist
18th Nov 2011, 10:13
Carrier Bush suffers widespread toilet outages - Navy News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq - Navy Times (http://www.navytimes.com/news/2011/11/navy-carrier-bush-suffers-widespread-toilet-outages-111411w/)

"Since deploying in May, the Norfolk, Va.-based carrier George H.W. Bush has grappled with widespread toilet outages, at times rendering the entire ship without a single working head." :\

Wholigan
18th Nov 2011, 10:44
Or should that be stolen your thunderbox.

airborne_artist
18th Nov 2011, 11:39
you might have looked for the other thread on this very same subject started just over an hour ago.

Looks like someone else has stolen your thunder http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/worry.gif

BGG

Sounds like I'm in the sh1t :}

Widger
18th Nov 2011, 12:08
Hmmmm sewage treatment! Always a problem, usually as the article says for inappropriate items being flushed away.

I remember one UK warship, when operating off the US coast had one such blockage. A stoker found his way down to an access point in one of the messdecks.

'scuse me lads, I've just got to do some work here'

'No worries shipmate..crack on!'

Stoker starts undoing inspection point to sound of hissing.................................

BANG!....................................The pipe explodes and showers urine and feaces over the entire messdeck, covering bunks, lockers, seats, towels and the unfortunates who happened to be sat there or asleep.

The whole messdeck had to be ripped out including all the fittings, tiled floor the lot.

The worst vision was watching some of the poor unfortunates on the Foc'sle stirring their valuable clothing items in an oil drum full of dis-infectant!

I feel the GWB's pain!!!!

BombayDuck
18th Nov 2011, 15:10
Considering whom the ship is named after, was it exercising with the Japanese Navy when it had the plumbing failure? :E

racedo
18th Nov 2011, 17:49
Hmmm don't want to be downwind of that when the sh*t hits the fan.

Cows getting bigger
18th Nov 2011, 19:57
Not like pprune to talk sh1t.

rh200
19th Nov 2011, 00:10
How long have you guys been making carriers, what was wrong with the other system? One thing you really don't want to experiment with is the cr@pper, if you do it would want to be for a real good reason.

Reminds me of the old story about the body and who rules it.

Jane-DoH
20th Nov 2011, 00:06
Apparently after doing their doody, they're tossing the contents overboard. I guess you could call that a type of depth charge...

Dengue_Dude
20th Nov 2011, 08:31
Jane-DoH Apparently after doing their doody, they're tossing the contents overboard. I guess you could call that a type of depth charge...

I sincerely hope the officers are lowering theirs - not at all seemly to toss them.

I wonder if the lesson regarding the 'lee side' has had to be re-learned . . .

SASless
20th Nov 2011, 12:35
Look at the bright side....at least it is a Carrier and not a Submarine that is having the problem! Talk about blowing it out a stern tube!:E

jamesdevice
20th Nov 2011, 12:47
unfortunate quote from May:
""The George H.W. Bush Strike Group is ready to go," said Rear Adm. Nora Tyson, commander of GHWB CSG. "
USS George H.W. Bush Departs for Maiden Deployment (http://www.navy.mil/search/display.asp?story_id=60273)

Lonewolf_50
21st Nov 2011, 15:55
About 20 years ago, when women began to be routinely added to detachments, and then parts of ships company, on US Aircraft carriers, any number of the heads "fenced off" for the ladies ran into a slight overlooked problem. Those clever little metal boxes that one finds in ladies public rest rooms, to receive certain used cotton implements, were absent. Any number of said implements got flushed into a salt water piping system not designed to accomodate such absorbent items.

On the carrier I happened to be on at the time, the Aux Officer reported that the cost to repair one particular jam up related to that issue was just under 10K in US dollars. :eek:

I wonder if this latest problem has to do with something similar to. Granted, with twenty years under the belt, one would think that the cultural norm among the ladies in ship's company would be well established ... "you simply don't flush that down the loo!"

SASless
21st Nov 2011, 17:47
Oh gosh....just remembered....thars gonna be Wimmen aboard our Nukey Boats now.....so much for them being long hard cylindrical things with Seamen in them! I wonder how the underwater heads will handle non-eaten objects in the crappers?

Out Of Trim
21st Nov 2011, 18:20
I was thinking that the Carrier guys could just neatly coil them on deck! Maybe nobody would notice..:E

Jane-DoH
22nd Nov 2011, 00:28
RADM Nora Tyson... is she the first female CVBG commander?

500N
22nd Nov 2011, 00:34
Yes, I believe she is.