PDA

View Full Version : Pilot union with Emirates!

flywildcamel
18th Nov 2011, 04:38
It's a few flight I am flying with old captains... for weeks I heard them telling me some kind of underground EK pilot union is setting up?

Does anyone have infos about it?

Yarra
18th Nov 2011, 04:41
Underground is correct, they will get buried if they try......

ENFP
18th Nov 2011, 08:05
Hell of a first post :)

flaphandlemover
18th Nov 2011, 08:57
hahahhahaha....

the best i've heard so far.....

keep it coming. It makes my day....

:ok::ok::ok:

Instant Hooligan
18th Nov 2011, 09:12
Well it ain't secret anymore....!!! Nice work Sherlock

OzzieA380
18th Nov 2011, 13:01
I too have heard the same by numerous Capt's and F/O's. Not sure what the plan is, but something has to be done otherwise things are going to get worse. :ugh:

ENFP
18th Nov 2011, 13:50
Well, it's been said for many a year, if you want something to happen just start the rumour, wait a while, keep throwing fuel on the rumour and eventually.....

halas
18th Nov 2011, 17:03
As a current fully paid member, l request the following:
Less than 80 hours a month.
Overtime back to 72 hours.
Drop flight pay back to productivity pay.
Two more weeks of vacation.
Vacation in my determined min/max period. No 21 day limit.
Reserve for four weeks only.
In reserve any eight days nominated by me as "off" with no change.
Return of the SBS bidding system. It worked!

halas

flywildcamel
19th Nov 2011, 05:33
Yes it is my first post, I will not use my other login name, not silly!

Again, yesterday, I flew with a cpt, 15 years in the company, telling me this "rumour" is getting stronger and stronger...

He told me being quite surprise this time as people says all the same words, not too much differences or some extravagancy

But at the same time, he seems not being surprise if such a "union" is setting up, due to the present conditions...

So If anyone has any more infos?

Dropp the Pilot
19th Nov 2011, 05:41
...in the category of "Most Maladroit Windup of the the Year" goes to...

Fart Master
19th Nov 2011, 07:10
FWC....really?

And pray tell what exactly is this 'Onion' going to do......bugger all, that's what.

Fearless Leader
19th Nov 2011, 08:34
It's a few flight I am flying with old captains

Who you calling "OLD" there Kiddo?

Dem's fightin' words!!!!:E:E

fatbus
19th Nov 2011, 13:29
Makes for a good laugh

Craggenmore
21st Nov 2011, 11:32
Who knows..!

The Palm has residents associations trying to block Nakheel's charging over beach access.

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/nakheel-jumping-gun-with-guest-fees-say-palm-tenants-430348.html?tab=Article

Nakheel plans to charge residents AED5,000 a year to access Shoreline’s facilities, and to open up membership to non-tenants at a cost of AED12,000. The move has enraged tenants on the palm-shaped island who argue that they bought their properties on the premise they would have access to the pools, gyms and private beach, and have lobbied Dubai’s real estate watchdog, RERA, to rule on who owns the rights to the facilities.

Interim housing associations on the luxury development have asked residents not to comply with Nakheel’s request for paperwork, ahead of a decision from RERA on the legality of the scheme.

In a circular to tenants, the homeowners association said: [Nakheel does] not have the right to announce this or put this in place. The contractual terms of the shoreline purchase agreements allows the exclusive use of the beach facilities for all residents.”