PDA

View Full Version : TSA fingering printing waiting time Cat 1

pilotinsky
18th Nov 2011, 02:23
I m asked by my company to do an initial type rating ASAP; the earliest day I can arrive US is Dec 15; class starts on Jan 2.

Will I have enough time to do fingerprinting and have it approved by the class start?

In other words, what is the current waiting time for Cat 1 fingerprinint process?

It states 30 days from TSA website when I looked up.

mad_jock
18th Nov 2011, 09:23
When I went over for a TR we had done all the other stuff and just had the finger prints to do.

First day we went to the local sheriffs office and did it and started the sim the next day.

This is a few years agao now so it could have changed.

Gomrath
18th Nov 2011, 15:18
pilotinsky
It is exactly as it says - 30 days is the waiting period.

Per the AFSP website:

Candidates in Categories 1 and 2 are required to wait until Permission to Initiate Training from AFSP, or until the applicable waiting period has expired, before commencing training. The waiting period for Category 1 is 30 calendar days after AFSP has received all of the required information, including fingerprints and the fee. On average training is typically approved about 10 days after the fingerprints are submitted for a Cat 1 submission.

pipercam
18th Nov 2011, 17:09
I had a similar experience to mad_jock...

Everything done bar fingerprints, first day local sheriff office for finger printing, started 7 days later.

That was earlier this year.

pilotinsky
19th Nov 2011, 06:28
I called up SImCom Orlando and they told me fingerprinting usually process less than 2 weeks for CAT 1.

My class start on Jan 2nd, hope the holidays won't delay it.:ugh:

mutt
19th Nov 2011, 15:29
You can do the fingerprinting outside the USA, if u are in the UK, I believe Flight Safety Farnborough can do them.

Mutt