PDA

View Full Version : Safe groundschool courses

Metsys
6th Nov 2001, 22:23
With the demise of PPSC, Four Forces and now SFT, I can imagine that students are starting to wonder, who is next? Where is ones hard erned money safe?

My suggestion, is a University. All the apples are not in the same basket, there are other courses from thousands of students to support courses that may be currently running at a loss.

Having just been interviewed at Glasgow for an ATPL lecturing post, I can tell you all I was impressed. I visited the student accomodation; a nice new room with a large bed, shower/toilet and study position, on-line ISDN Internet and phone. Shared lounge and kitchen (6). Cost £68 per week. Student facilities available including large library, students Union, bars and canteen. Lecturers are currently ex-BAe Perth, with loads of experience. Currently 1600 students in College, all faculties.

There is also Guildhall in London for those who don't fancy the freezing north! I worked with Mike Alderton and Pete Knapp at SECOAT and both are very good lecturers.

This is not an advert BTW as I have not heard the result of my interview as there are other candidates still to be interviewed.

Hope this helps.

Don't give up, just be CAREFUL!

John Standen
ex Met Instructor PPSC

Now what does it do in Singapore?

Snigs
7th Nov 2001, 23:21
Now what does it do in Singapore?

Bloody rains!! But wait a minute, where's the ITCZ John?

Snigs
ex student of John Standen
ex Met Instructor PPSC
(and IMHO a great teacher!)

robione
8th Nov 2001, 08:50
Sounds good for all who have yet to do exams.Good luck hoping u manage to get the job.

Still smokin 60 a day?

ex-student the L,POOL variety.

Polar_stereographic
8th Nov 2001, 11:15
Whats the world comming to?

This man is TOP when it comes to passing Met exams, and he's still out of a job?

Someone's missing out big time.

PS - ex PPSC student, passed both mets first time thank you John.

Now, how do I remember those fronts???? Y!