PDA

View Full Version : First Female Qantas 787 Co Pilot

troppo
15th Nov 2011, 01:07
Auckland couple get engaged in new Dreamliner Boeing... | Stuff.co.nz (http://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/5969207/Kiwis-get-engaged-on-Dreamliner)

http://static2.stuff.co.nz/1321319668/093/5969093_600x400.jpg

Ryan Manson proposes to Pia Parker inside the Dreamliner's cockpit.
Newly engaged Ryan Manson and Pia Parker inside the Dreamliner's cockpit.
The engagement ring given to Pia by Ryan inside the Dreamliner.
The new addition to the Air New Zealand fleet - the Boeing 787 Dreamliner.
« Previous« PreviousNext »Next » Relevant offersAn Auckland couple has taken their love to new heights after becoming engaged in Air New Zealand's concept Boeing 787 Dreamliner.

Ryan Manson planned to ask his fiance Pia Parker to marry him on a surprise trip to Wellington last weekend, but instead postponed dropping to one knee after hearing the Dreamliner would still be in town on Monday.

"We both used to work for an airline, she still works for Qantas, and so this idea came to mind and I thought it was quite poetic to propose [on the aircraft]," said Manson.

The 23-year-old got in touch with Air NZ who arranged to include the couple on a public tour of the aircraft.

"I didn't know where I would do it, but the cockpit seemed like the right place.

"She was in total shock, we'd talked about becoming engaged before but she had no idea when or where I would ask her. She had no idea I was going to propose, and started crying," said Manson.

"There were about 100 people on the tour and everyone was congratulating us, but she was in such shock it took her a while to start speaking."

The couple met a little over a year ago when Manson, who now works as a corporate travel agent, first started working at Qantas. Parker was his trainer when he started at the airline.

Manson has also received an "overwhelming response" from people congratulating the happy couple on their engagement on Facebook and Twitter.

"My one friend commented that I had ruined it for everyone, saying there's no way he can top that proposal."

"I didn't know where I would do it, but the cockpit seemed like the right place.

The galley would have been the first and most appropriate place that would spring into my mind. :E

frigatebird
15th Nov 2011, 02:43
has also received an "overwhelming response" from people congratulating the happy couple on their engagement on FacePPRuNe and PPRuNe.

"My one friend
....??!?

Oh, that's right.... they work for Qantas.. probably live in Sinny..

Doing what,..where..? and on Air NewZealand..!! :E :E

troppo
15th Nov 2011, 03:03
was hoping for a few more bites...even the thread title is a bit of a stretch :E

Capn Bloggs
15th Nov 2011, 03:41
That makes it a box office.

They could have crammed a few more buttons/knobs on that MCP!! :rolleyes:

Wally Mk2
15th Nov 2011, 04:00
What are those black steering wheel thingies in front of the TV screens?:-):E
That's a lovely story & their marriage may even last as he's not a pilot:)

Wmk2

troppo
15th Nov 2011, 04:09
Put a bit of sheep skin on those F.M.Bs and it may last even longer

adsyj
15th Nov 2011, 04:10
Nearly had a heart attack when I saw the thread title.

I pictured Olivia sitting there in here fresh new uniform. Phew just a couple of enthusiats. Nice touch by the airline though.

Hey Kenny Borough you could get a crack to see a real flight deck from further away than the fence. Give it a go brother.