PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance Guide for Operators?

Azzure
13th Nov 2011, 18:58
CASA used to create this manual called Maintenance Guide for Operators, I am looking for a pdf copy if anyone happens to have one? I looks like from google and casa searches they have removed the publication.

Cheers :ok:

aroa
14th Nov 2011, 02:51
I still have a copy or 2 of " A Pilots Guide. Aircraft Maintenance."

Published by CAA ...!! Issue 1 June 1994. 11 pages.

Is that what you are looking for.?

Were there later issues?...or was this a "what shall we do this week?" one off.

Handy though ( so that was a good week)... refering to 42ZC and its contorted convolutions, all about the MR., Schedule 8 and Pilot maintenance.

Pity the tarmac terror didnt have a copy to refer to 4 years ago. Apart from wanting to stick it up his ar$ke,I could have wised the dumb cluck up... but of course CASA have been know to call cleaning your own a/c windscreen :\
"maintenance".. so get to know their definitions of the word. See below.

From the CAAct 1988. sect- 3 Interpretation. p5 And I'll copy from...

"maintenance".. means any task required to ensure, or that could affect, the continuing airworthiness of an aircraft or aeronautical product, including any one, or combination of overhaul,repair,inspection, replacement of an aeronautical product, modification or defect rectification.

Lawyers just love those big l o n g sentences.:(

Azzure
15th Nov 2011, 06:36
Looks similar to this http://www.plasticpilot.net/blog/wp-content/plugins/downloads-manager/upload/CASAMaintenanceGuideForEngineers.pdf

They made one for Operators, one for Pilots and one for Engineers. I have all three copies as books, but they are a bit of an odd size and shape to scan. Thought someone may have a pdf version like the one in the link.

I have a feeling they might be re creating them as a few of the maintenance reg's have changed lately I think.

Who knows, things just seem to disappear on the CASA website. :ugh:

Thanks for having a look though.

thunderbird five
15th Nov 2011, 08:38
I have what you want as PDF - how can I get it to you.

CASA pulled all those manuals as they have references to some mythical creature called a LAME. (Now known as Bananas in pyjamas "B1 & B2".) Presumably they will do a rewrite, due to go to the presses in 2027 if their regulatory reform package is any indication.:(

aroa
15th Nov 2011, 10:18
I last sighted some material on the CASA web pages about the new, ubeaut OCs or No AoC requirement for some AWK and other ops in 2003.
Alas.. the hope that sprung eternal for useful changes was dashed and unrequited. All vanished into a black hole.:eek:

Note well.. dah dah!!... the new ubeaut Tar$k Force, announced in June 2011 will kick off...in a couple of months... possibly. 2012?
One of the things they will be looking at will be the need or not for an AOC for some type of operations.:D
Could be some recommendations up on the web site by 2013... the 10th anniversary.

So there's an astronomical answer. It takes 10 years for material to pass thru
a black hole.... must be that inert element Administratium again.:ok:

Azzure
15th Nov 2011, 20:44
Thank You Thunderbird 5! :ok:

For some reason I cannot send you a private message? If you could pm me I will forward you my email address. I would imagine that the file is not too large?

aroa, you are uncovering the mysteries surrounding the regulator! :E

thunderbird five
16th Nov 2011, 04:45
just turned PM on, try again.
It's only 2.5 or so mb.

Up-into-the-air
19th Nov 2011, 23:38
Would appreciate a copy also. Could not PM you.

I have been trying to collect all these types of things over the past 12 months. I have not yet made a full list of what I have, but at some point will do so.

Maybe the forum could help us with that objective.

Kind regards

Frank Arouet
20th Nov 2011, 07:14
At the invitation of Dr Scully-Power to work with Mike Smith on safety issues and a guide to purchasing a light aircraft after my personal matter was taken on notice in Senate Estimates, I re-wrote CAR schedule 4, as it was then, and submitted it ex officio- because the offer for employment with CASA was strangely ignored when I asked where my office is situated and what resources I had available to me and what the pay would be.

I believe I am still employed and on the books without having been paid one Cent from CASA to date.

I guess the redundancy will amount to be a good payout in due course when I persue it?

AOPA Australia have a copy of this guide as do CASA- both easily accessed by FOI or membership request.

thunderbird five
20th Nov 2011, 09:44
Just step around the hijacker and try again up-in-the air-there.