PDA

View Full Version : The last post. Dah de Dah.

Kharon
13th Nov 2011, 14:19
Bissmillah. The Arabic phrase is pronounced as Bismillah ir-Rahman ir-Rahim, and is a beautifully poetic phrase which offers both deep insight and brilliant inspiration.

Well, new contract obligations 'absolutely' prohibit posting on Pprune (no excuses); it's been fun. But. You, the industry, do absolutely have the regulator and government you deserve.

I cannot believe the crap you guys put up with – must be a convict 'cringe' thing. I've never seen so many lily livered, slobbering, job at any price catamites and CASAsexuals in such a large space instead of Command pilots and Operators. Not ever, not in all my time on this world.

HR carefully selected the Q pilots they have beaten hollow, (shot their boots off). Now that is a real conspiracy theory. Half the buggers where employed as hand picked 'sheltered work shop' dropouts, or projects; not real "command" pilots. But they "fit the profile". Ce la vie.

Arrrgghh – it makes feel old and sad, for all of you. Enjoy the Skull, his emperors, the new culture and 'their' regulations.

Me? I'm gone; out it. Too bloody hot, too dangerous (legally), too many flies and as for the rest; forget it.

If CASA 'getcha' – do not bugger about with the AAT. Make 'em prove it, in court. Go for the non stopple injunction (Federal), save you time, money and sanity. I am sure my old mate Clinton will explain.

Music maestro - The working class can kiss my arse etc., you know the rest. Selah.

PS. No response required. :D

framer
13th Nov 2011, 18:05
Bissmillah. The Arabic phrase is pronounced as Bismillah ir-Rahman ir-Rahim, and is a beautifully poetic phrase which offers both deep insight and brilliant inspiration.

insight to what? and inspiration to do what?

Well, new contract obligations 'absolutely' prohibit posting on PPRuNe
Which comapany has said that?

lily livered, slobbering, job at any price catamites and CASAsexuals 'sheltered work shop' dropouts, or projects; not real "command" pilots.The working class can kiss my arse etc.,
Ha ha awesome! Good to read something written by someone who is really fired up. My only suggestion would be to refrain from using this so muchCommand pilots"command" pilots.
My reasoning for that is that it makes you seem like someone from the outside commenting on the local industry because it's a term we find a bit 'over the top' , it's very popular in Asia and the Middle East you know. It may mislead some readers into thinking you are from elsewhere when you're not.
Apart from that I found it mainly enjoyable. Good work, you can have a B+.

Wallsofchina
13th Nov 2011, 19:35
Who's lily livered Kharon?
Australia is a democracy with freedom of speech.
How can your employment prohibit you posting here?

blackhand
13th Nov 2011, 19:47
@Kharon
I would suggest that catamites are part of your culture and traditions, not Australian.

Cheers
BH

Fantome
13th Nov 2011, 20:19
Apart from that I found it mainly enjoyable. Good work, you can have a B+.

I'd endorse that. The man is nothing if not a stirrer of the first water.

Anyone so presumptous as to assume he's not been around around and around the fishbowl knows SFA. (And laugh? ****in' near died!)

(Awarding a B+ calls to mind an English teacher's notation on the bottom
of a pathetic essay . . . . . . 2/10 - SEE ME!)

framer
13th Nov 2011, 20:46
Then feels the need to stick it all in a "goodbye" thread, thinking that we actually care in the slightest that he's leaving.

I remember doing the "pre-internet" version of this myself.
I would curse and shout and tears would well up in my eyes, I'd blame all and sundry and say goodbye then storm off down the driveway and across the paddocks, I'd hide behind a fallen tree or in a ditch and wait for the search parties. Sometimes I would wait upwards of an hour before getting bored and going home. I was seven. The internet is a great thing, much less chance of being rained on doing it the modern way.

Avgas172
13th Nov 2011, 21:17
Alas we all become jaded after a lifetime of single syllable employment, however for those of us in the club aviation genre it is a joy to conduct a flying weekend such an we had here in Glen Innes and many other clubs around the country this w/e, and look into the face of our 15 year old student back from flying solo in the circuit, when he is talking about iPads, ozrunways app, Cessna vs piper, and our new 6 dos flight sim.
Finished ...... I think not!
Cheers & happy flying
A172 :ok:

Fantome
18th Nov 2011, 09:00
Since a few days ago when Sheik Kharon started this thread and took his alleged leave, (depriving us thereby of his singular jaundiced, and often colourfully entertaining view
on the targets of his scatter-gun), I've fallen to thinking widely about the make-up of this membership based on years of reading thousands of posts on the diversest of subjects from the diversest of people.

One conclusion is that this is a place reminiscent of a dysfunctional family. While many who come by are quite bright and add lustre to the cluster, some are abrasive, if not outright offensive, nasty. The figjams, the narks, the know-alls, the irrational, those labouring under huge overburdens of hubris, with loads more of it out the back, the petty and the still wet behind the ears, these latter usually conscientious, and who in time, by heeding the counsel of wiser heads, learning to savour the delights of an open mind, themselves may progress, becoming part of that universal fraternity where minds are ever open to new and broader perspectives. They may in time acquire the useful knack of looking afresh at old verities, of clearing cluttered mental slates so as to on a new day say "Ah . . . . now I think I see how best to approach this problem . . .or that tortuous argument", or think, "That is such a beautiful notion, sight, piece of work, or personality . . . . why couldn't I see that before?"

There are probably many coming in and out of here either infrequently or otherwise rarely finding the time or inclination to go back and look at the wealth of inspiring stuff contributed over the years. If so, they are missing out on a large body of wise opinion or dissertation of a factual nature or just wonderfully expressed firsthand accounts. The late Les Mikey often comes to mind and to reread his illuminating and at times moving posts can be like a shot in the arm. Les called himself in a self-deprecating way, at least that's my opinion, 'Duke Elegant'. It is probably unfair and unrepresentative to single out other, living, notable identities, but it is hard not to instance 'Flying Lawyer'. To go back and read his extensive contributions to informed, rational and balanced debate is a refreshing exercise. That he is also an airman passionate and eloquent about many aspects of flight, fliers and notable aeroplanes is a bonus.

Those who would out of hand damn 'the law', it's practitioners and all it has come to represent today, know little of those in the profession who are steadfast upholders of fairmindedness and compassion. It's hard to say whether they are rarities or not, but they are certainly altruistic, never cynical about justice, ever acutely aware of those unfit to administer or counsel at any level. More broadly, let the wiseacres scoff, for they are blind to the fact that the inherently moral, ethical unswervingly principled do exist in all walks of life. It may be that they possess strongly secular frames of mind, at the same time rejecting any insinuation that they are at all irreligious. They know the universal significance and the part, the vital part, that love and loving play in a full and balanced life. Their humour, more often than not, is acute, understated and delightfully idiosyncratic. There is nothing about them that could be called trite, banal, laboured or crass. They also often show the hallmarks of childlike innocence, while not blind to suffering, corruption, evil and ugliness. The inexplicable, the puzzling, may be all around and yet not precipitate unbearable agony, grief or bewilderment. Detachment without indifference is eventually acquired.

'Flight International' had an outstanding editor in JM (Mike) Ramsden. He epitomised the gifted commentator on matters aeronautical and beyond that the poms have thrown up from time to time over decades past. It is sometimes recommended that we should each of us, every day, have pause to think about those who stand out like beacons in whatever area of endeavour we are involved. For Mike Ramsden the man who inspired him above all others was Sir Geoffrey de Havilland. Mike, when a young apprentice with the firm, on several occasions had seen firsthand what an exceptional man his boss was. One day, by some quirk of fate it fell to him to go to DH's office bearing shocking news of a tragedy affecting DH, his family and the business. Mike was deeply and indelibly moved by the humane and innately sympathetic response he witnessed that day. Upon the passing of DH, Mike wrote that another revered doyen of the British aircraft industry made the comment "He was that rarest of individuals - a man perfect in every conceivable way, wise beyond words, incapable of a mean or unkind thought or deed."

Avgas172
18th Nov 2011, 10:07
blah blah blah ...:ugh: