PDA

View Full Version : ex airforce back

TSRABECOMING
11th Nov 2011, 11:57
Hi,
After 10 years of military flying and office jobs, I am in an airline and planning to go back to military pilot career in Australian airforce . Are there any suggestion about my plan? I know I have to move every 3-4 years for new posting. Also may need 4 months training :{ .

D-IFF_ident
12th Nov 2011, 00:29
Troll alert. See this chap's other posts before replying folks.

Heliringer
12th Nov 2011, 04:54
Normally the RAAF require you to be able to write a proper sentence. If your post is an example of your written English, you don't stand a chance of gaining a Pilot Position in the RAAF.

zero1
12th Nov 2011, 18:32
What only 4 months of retraining....:yuk: I think a tad more might be required

TTNF

Pontius Navigator
12th Nov 2011, 19:25
Look at "his" website, clearly fishing.

http://www.tropicalaquascape.com.au/board/

:D

Just This Once...
12th Nov 2011, 19:33
Over a year of trolling on this forum and no action from the moderators?

jamesdevice
12th Nov 2011, 20:54
even I can tell theres something fishy here...

Tankertrashnav
12th Nov 2011, 21:08
After 6 years hunched over the periscope in the back of a tanker I've still got an ex Air Force back :( Thats what I thought this thread was about!

Whopity
13th Nov 2011, 08:14
I thought 'airforce' was the name of the hairdresser outside the Lyneham camp gate! Must need a new job now its closed down

Non Emmett
13th Nov 2011, 08:20
I am seventy one years old, never been in the "airforce" so I assume I'd need at least six months training.............. ?

Pontius Navigator
13th Nov 2011, 11:26
Non E, if you had joined when I did it were only 16 weeks :)

onetrack
13th Nov 2011, 12:50
I've always found Google is excellent at exposing the very enlightening trail of forum trolls... TSRABECOMING - Google Search (http://www.google.com.au/search?q=TSRABECOMING&rls=com.microsoft:en-au&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1&redir_esc=&ei=J8q_TsyXAsKQiAe4ja2XBQ)

You get substantially expanded search results by clicking "repeat the search with the omitted results included".

Non Emmett
13th Nov 2011, 17:51
Pontius - 16 weeks you say, still think I'd need six months for the "airforce." Clearly you are a superior being !!

teeteringhead
13th Nov 2011, 18:15
15 weeks surely Pontius, assuming you were ITS/AOTS? Three courses in with a new one every 5 weeks. Pour moi it was 26th Feb to 7th June, which is two days (Sat & Sun) shy of 15 weeks in my calculations .....

Perhaps you had a week's Christmas leave....

Fourteen months and three weeks thereafter to Wings, and then another thirteen months to (the equivalent of) Combat Ready on a sqn......all elapsed time not course time - no holding and just the odd bit of leave ....

Scarily short when you think about it .... and P1 qualified on 5 types too (3 of them day/night)! Yer tell that to the young folk o' today and they'll not believe yer ......:eek:

cazatou
14th Nov 2011, 12:38
teeters

There was a time when people were sent on Outward Bound Courses prior to starting the ITS Course.

teeteringhead
14th Nov 2011, 14:14
Indeed so cazatou, some of my course did. I think it was those straight from school.

I was young :O but had been working for a year so maybe that's why I didn't go.

cazatou
14th Nov 2011, 14:35
teeters

It was a broader spread than that. The OB Course I was on in January 1965 included those who had been in UAS's as well as Direct Entry Cadets.

Dartmoor in January :{

Pontius Navigator
14th Nov 2011, 15:09
15 weeks surely Pontius, assuming you were ITS/AOTS? Three courses in with a new one every 5 weeks. Pour moi it was 26th Feb to 7th June, which is two days (Sat & Sun) shy of 15 weeks in my calculations .....

Perhaps you had a week's Christmas leave....

Fourteen months and three weeks thereafter to Wings, and then another thirteen months to (the equivalent of) Combat Ready on a sqn......all elapsed time not course time - no holding and just the odd bit of leave ....

Scarily short when you think about it .... and P1 qualified on 5 types too (3 of them day/night)! Yer tell that to the young folk o' today and they'll not believe yer ......:eek:

TTH, indeed scary. Christmas could be right but remember we worked through New Year. Wings after 12 months (nav) then 4 months at bombing school, 4 month OCU and arrived on the sqn about 2 years and 7 months in. LimOp shortly thereafter and deployed on operations a month shy of three years.

Like you operational tours on 3 different type and also in 3 different roles. What I joined to do and what I did.

NutLoose
14th Nov 2011, 15:40
Wings after 12 months (nav)

And to think Halfords give you a free 10 minute lesson on how to operate your latest Nav box of tricks slapped on the dash and job done, Qualified.... how times have changed...:p:ok:;)

teeteringhead
14th Nov 2011, 16:18
In fact PN - the 5 types were before I was CR on my first sqn - and I wasn't ever chopped (nearly - but not quite).

Chipmunk - JP - Sioux - Whirlwind and Wessex - only operational on the last at that stage - with all of 400 hours TT.

Another 5 types P1 (3 day/night) came later!!