PDA

View Full Version : Temora 19-20 Nov...

Best Rate
11th Nov 2011, 10:28
Hi folks,

Excuse my ignorance if this has already been covered in a thread, but can anyone provide any special info on getting in (Fri lunch) and out (Sun morn) of Temora on the air display weekend approaching??

I'm hiring a lightie to fly up from Vic and keen for any tips or familiarity / advice on procedures for YTEM...

Regards and have a great wkend!

BR

Jabawocky
11th Nov 2011, 10:38
Should be awesome:ok:

Not sure which retard vehicle I will be taking.....but can't wait:)

Arnold E
11th Nov 2011, 10:50
Not sure which retard vehicle I will be taking.

Are you a repeat offender??

Jabawocky
11th Nov 2011, 11:15
Not really, been doing some flight testing, and also some "familiarisation training" if thats what you call it for a llow hour, not flown in 12 years pilot.

We may be taking his -7A down just so he gets a good navex under his belt. If the wx is dodgey the -10 will be used ;)

Capn Bloggs
11th Nov 2011, 12:50
sKQ0a3UeDm8

Wanderin_dave
11th Nov 2011, 20:08
Link on this page:

Temora Aviation Museum :: Warbirds Downunder 2011 :: Temora Aviation Museum Aviation (http://www.aviationmuseum.com.au/vistor_information/warbirds_downunder_2011/index.html)

See ya there:ok:

Best Rate
12th Nov 2011, 04:30
Cheers Dave n crew...

Catchya there hopefully under sunny blue skies!

BR :ok:

bentleg
12th Nov 2011, 08:05
can anyone provide any special info on getting in (Fri lunch) and out (Sun morn) of Temora on the air display weekend approaching??

The main issue you will have here is accommodation. Book it beforehand. Temora may be full, if so consider a nearby town and fly in for the day.

any tips or familiarity / advice on procedures for YTEM...
all the local info for pilots is here (http://www.aopa.com.au/assets/189/Temora_Information_for_visiting_pilots_R1_2_.pdf)

The circuit will be VERY busy prior to the show, keep a good lookout. The earlier you arive the better. See you there.

Fantome
13th Nov 2011, 03:27
BEST RATE .. . . . . your best rate is the ROYAL down the S end of the main drag. 40 a night. Stange family run it. V basic but clean enough. Good showers. The IGA is right out the back. About a 20 min walk to and from the strip.

Flying in just listen out good and early to get the beat. If busy the usual deal . .. . stand off a few miles . .. and only call up when there's a lull. Too many drivers airframe get verbal diarrohea. Minimum calls. Eyes wide open. The AVGAS bowser takes major credit cards. Have a beer or 3 at the aero club. Wunnerful folk. (Ted Sly a patron of the museum and at 93 fit as . .. he'll have a little stall with his autobiography "The Luck of the Draw." Great read . Get yourself a signed copy. Pull up a chair and havachat. Ask him about his dead cut in a Spit at Clarke Field in the Phillipines in '45, right after take off. And the scar on his forehead.)