PDA

View Full Version : Off-shore in Brazil

LEAv8or
11th Nov 2011, 02:32
Anyone with any knowledge of off-shore flying in Brazil? I'm looking for any info on QOL, salary, job availabilities, minimum requirements etc. I am familiar with all the requirements of working in Brazil and I meet them all so no need to review that. Thank you in advance and all info will be appreciated.

Geoffersincornwall
11th Nov 2011, 05:58
Last time I was in Brazil the law did not allow foreigners to work as professional pilots in the country (with the exception of certain short-term training contracts). I know the situation is under review but have yet to hear anything positive in this respect.

G.

inputshaft
11th Nov 2011, 09:55
G is correct. Only Brazilian nationals can work as professional pilots. CHC tried to work around the rules last year to get some heavy captains into Brazil and it all came to a sticky end, with the interpretation of only 6 month periods for training staff on a new aircraft type being reinforced by ANAC at the behest of the pilot union.

To answer your question though: 2 weeks on/off, decent hotel accom, salaries better than the GOM, desperately need pilots with heavy time, mins for captains as the rest of the O and G industry. One very nice aspect of their set up is that light twins are flown dual pilot. It allows a foot in the door for new CPLs that is totally absent in the US.

Wizzard
12th Nov 2011, 13:37
It allows a foot in the door for new Brazilian CPLs that is totally absent in the US

Fixed that for you...

Outwest
13th Nov 2011, 07:35
to get some heavy captains into Brazil

Ah Inputshaft your not that heavy......oh wait you meant heavy a/c ;)

skiper-choper
2nd Nov 2012, 01:18
I am married with brazilian girl, i live in buenos aires argentna, argentinian license, atp,ir,cfi, 2600 tt pic, bk117,bo105,ec135,as365nw ratings. How can i do to convalidate my licenses in brazil?

Regards

Peter PanPan
2nd Nov 2012, 10:43
@inputshaft: You mean medium twins? I believe the lightest being used at the moment for Offshore would be S-76 (anything form A to C++), AS365 N2.

@skiper-choper: You probably ought to look into brazilian citizenship acquisition based on your marriage before conversion requirements.