PDA

View Full Version : STFU done in style.......

NutLoose
10th Nov 2011, 11:12
Nice one....... :D:D

LiveLeak.com - Officer on Duty at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier Silences Crowd After Laughter is Heard.

Courtney Mil
22nd Nov 2011, 18:01
Excellent!!!

WASALOADIE
22nd Nov 2011, 19:56
Well done! personally, I might have shot them, then the rest would have kept quiet.

SASless
22nd Nov 2011, 20:56
They ain't called the "Old Guard" for no reason!

The Troops are very dedicated to what they do there at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

Well said! That Man!:D

500N
22nd Nov 2011, 21:05
WASALOADIE

Maybe a bit of Cold Steel and bayonet drill might have sort them out as well.

Roadster280
22nd Nov 2011, 21:13
Shooting or bayonetting the tourists would probably result in a "hats on" initially, followed by a bit of hatless dancing in front of a Court Martial.

I think he did the right thing. If they still hadn't shut up, and advanced on on the tomb, then by all means have at them, but slotting gobby tourists isn't the done thing.

Tinribs
23rd Nov 2011, 08:39
The boy done v good

The way it came out seems to have been a planned response

We used to have the same trouble getting civy vehicles to stop while raising lowering flag on RAF stations morning/evening

As Ord Off I used to say "At the going down of the sun and in the morning we will remember them" now shut up and be still

Usuall worked but some needed further persuasion

The late XV105
23rd Nov 2011, 19:32
Village remembrance service at a roadside memorial.
Two minutes silence.
Resident politely commands traffic to stop.
Command accepted.
All engines off and occupants silent.
Along comes a Transit minibus full of passengers.
Transit driver overtakes the stationary cars and only stops when resident steps out.
Window down.
Conversation.
Van waits: Donkadonkadonkadonkadonkadonkadonk with all on board clearly moaning about the delay.
Driver gives up and with unnecessary revving the van clatters past the silent villagers and is gone.

Boy did I wish ill.

Tankertrashnav
25th Nov 2011, 00:20
Scene - Horseguards on Whitehall. A crowd is assembled to watch the New Year's day parade. An excited Italian tourist climbs up the railings in order to get a better view. The mounted Life Guards trooper in full ceremonial fig walks his horse forward out of its box, the crowd parts and he walks the horse up to the railings. Still mounted he quietly orders the man to get down off the railings, which the chastened man promptly does.

One of those moments when you are proud to be British!

Small point - always wish our footguards had retained the Lee Enfield for ceremonial purposes, the SA 80 (or whatever the latest designation is) just doesn't look right as a drill weapon. That US rifle looks just the thing for the job