PDA

View Full Version : Dont pay up

Artificial Horizon
6th Nov 2001, 19:52
When it comes to paying up front for flight training there is a simple answer to all the woes that we hear about on these pages when poor souls have been taken for thousands when schools go bust.

NEVER pay large ammounts up front. All the way through my training I paid in one grand instalments. This had 2 advantages
1.When a school (SECOAT) went T*Ts Up and others lost £5k+, I was out of pocket precisley £79.00!
2.As I was in control of my money, I was always first in line for training slots whilst others who had paid upfront were fobbed off with lame excuses.

Also the money was in my account earning interest not theirs.

Would you pay a painter and decorator months in advance if he offered you a 5% discount.I certainly wouldn`t.

So wise up, any decent school will accept this arrangement and if they dont it could be that they are just hanging on to solvency by using your money to pay the electricity bill. There are sharks in this business, mainly in the back office who will laugh all the way to the bank every time someone comes in with a big fat bankers draft.

Dont get bitten!!!!!!!!

:eek: null (http://null) :confused:

Mile_Hi
7th Nov 2001, 18:10
Totally agree. And the more they push for the money up front the more wary you should be.

One further point on that is if you can, pay by credit card. I have a "friend" not me who was not the sharpest tool in the box it has to be said who got suckered into paying a fair wedge up front. Luckily he paid by credit card so when the school went bust along with all his cash the credit card company kindly paid me back my money and saved my life.