PDA

View Full Version : B737 Type Rating

v1rotate1
10th Nov 2011, 10:30
Guys, I'm considering funding a 737 TR. Can anybody recommend a TR school with some experience please.

Trolle
10th Nov 2011, 11:37
I'd be interested too. Somewhere in JAA-land.

VJW
10th Nov 2011, 12:06
Don't do it unless you've got a job offer before you start paying out money.

Can't think of too many JAA companies hiring people with a type rating with zero experience on type...

Trolle
10th Nov 2011, 13:41
So for those of us with an offer...where is a good place to go?

wisecaptain
11th Nov 2011, 10:29
The only place you should consider is Jet Flight & Instructor Training Ltd who are very competent and professional TRTO and have high standards of training.
Most f/o's who train there now have jobs with Lion Air , Jet2.com , BA , BMI baby , Astreus , Qatar etc
jettraining.net
Do yourself a favour and use them to get a good professional airline standard training.

maxed-out
11th Nov 2011, 11:42
wisecaptain

That's a really bold statement isn't it. So BA and all those airlines you mention take candidates with a bare bones TR do they?

You need to back that up with some serious facts before posting such over the top claims; don't you think? Or are you affiliated with them?

citationdos
13th Nov 2011, 07:24
I'd be interested too in b737 ng :hmm:

portsharbourflyer
13th Nov 2011, 11:29
What wise captain failed to mention is jetflight graduates that gained employment all did so after doing a 300 or 500 hour line training scheme with eaglejet. Infact if you speak to jetflight they make it quite clear a line training training package is required.

wisecaptain
13th Nov 2011, 17:07
Yes I should have qualified that............the guys getting jobs have been through a 300-500hrs line training program.
A colleague of mine has the inside scoop as his son did this program.
Their sim instructors are mostly ex-BA.
Most of the JFIT guys are getting jobs.........thats what really counts if your going to make this kind of investment.

wisecaptain
14th Nov 2011, 10:12
True.I should have added info about the line training of 300-500hrs.
I have a colleague whos son attended JFIT and did very well and now is gainfully employed.All the lads on his course with JFIT did well and are earning f/o's now in various companies in UK or Asia/M.East
Most of the instructors are ex BA so at least you are getting a proper airline orientated training from well experienced current /retired pilots if you choose to do this route.
There are some very poor standard TRTO's but
JFIT is not one of them.

portsharbourflyer
14th Nov 2011, 23:09
Fact is pay to ply schemes do and can lead to employment.

Paying for a common rating and time on type is no worse than earning **** all as an instuctor for a year or two, followed by an excessive bond and a low salary on a rare turboprop used by one operator in the whole of the northern hemisphere.

But accept a bare raring alone will not get you employed, but a rating + aline training scheme; immoral as it is it can and does lead to employment.

v1rotate1
16th Nov 2011, 07:35
Thanks for all the advice chaps - much to think about here!

Doing some interview assessment and prep now and will try to land a job before committing to a TR. This competency interview stuff is wierd!!

CY333
14th Dec 2011, 11:16
So which TRTO would some of you suggest?

citationdos
14th Dec 2011, 12:24
I just received this price from Cockpit4u

Pilots can obtain the type rating with the TRTO of their choice. Type rating course information is to be obtained by contacting the TRTOs directly. In case pilots select one of the TRTOs indicated below, the lowest JAA B737 NG type rating course cost including aircraft base training and VAT is €18,400 Euros / £16,300 British Pounds.