PDA

View Full Version : class 1 and sti check

Mike Whiskey Romeo
9th Nov 2011, 11:02
hi all,its getting to that time of year when the class 1 is up for renewal. I'm also about due for an sti check (naughty naughty). Does anyone here know if the class one bloods and urine will check for such nasties so I can kill two birds with the one stone? I should mention its a GCAA class1 so I said I'd ask here before anywhere else just in case I raise suspicions.Thanks

gingernut
9th Nov 2011, 20:04
I wouldn't have thought that the standard checks would reveal an STI unless you had outward signs, (eg Herpes).

The urine test may show up leucocytes, which I have been seen linked to chlamydia, but I'm not sure what urine sticks they use for CAA medical. The last medical I had (class2), urinalysis consisted of only glucose and protein, so would be unlikely to reveal an sti.

I admire your responsible attitude (a condom perhaps would have been even more responsible, but who am I to judge:)).

You should be able to seperate out both consults, as far as I know, sti checks are performed anonymously in the UK. I would have thought that this would be the best option.:confused:

You may be better for a response from Obs Graham, he seems knowledgeable in this sort of stuff.:)

Gulfstreamaviator
28th Nov 2011, 03:31
I would suspect that they will trap this one too.

I was told off the record that the GVAA medicals have more blood tests than mandated... They have included HIV.....(considered an intrusion into personel privacy elswhere)...without express permission.....

UAE wise, the initial / renewal visa medical MIGHT, pick this up too... Unlikely but possable.

IF over 60 even more tests.

Be aware.

Glf