PDA

View Full Version : Cheap A320/B737 ratings

tarmac12
9th Nov 2011, 01:41
Just wondering is anyone has been to simcorp flight training in Florida for a type rating?(They have a banner advertisement on PPRUNE) I got an info pack from them and the price they gave me for an A320 rating was $10,500USD. The 737NG was quoted at 15k. This seems like one of those to good to be true deals.
Another thing that bothered me was when I asked if they were FAA approved they stated they were approved for ground training and didn't mention sim training.
I would love to hear some positive comments but if its going to be nasty just PM me. Thanks.

I'm Off!
9th Nov 2011, 19:26
Without a job offer what is the point paying for a TR?

zondaracer
9th Nov 2011, 19:53
For reference, those prices are normal prices for type ratings in the US, for example, Higher Power in Texas offers a 737NG type for below $11,000 (lots of Southwest guys get their type there) however, you should check with your authority about transferring a foreign type rating to the country where you plan on using it, because it may be just useless.

tarmac12
9th Nov 2011, 20:51
The reason I'm getting prices is so when the job offer does come through I know I have researched thoroughly all the options available and hopefully pick a good reputable school. Met a few people who got an offer and went off to the first school they rang. Most of them were ok but some got bitten badly with all the "etra's" not in the brochure.

Sound advice from previous poster, If you don't have a job dont spend the money.

Cheers

Anyone recommend a good type rating school in the US?

Pilot_Flying
10th Nov 2011, 01:40
Try Aeorosim for A320 (moving from MSP to MCO) - they have about 30 hrs of instructor-led training in FTD in conjunction with the standard 6 FFS lessons that everyone else offers. Unless you're in it for just 'A-320' to be stamped on your certificate, you'll need more than 1 FTD and 6 FFS sessions to learn the A320 in preparation for a job. Also watch out for "homestudy" programs...zzz. Aerosim gives you a USB that has CBT and their Virtual Flight Deck simulation-based software.

citationdos
13th Nov 2011, 07:33
I thought 737 is cheaper than a320 กกกกกกกก