PDA

View Full Version : Piloting course advice..

The_FlyingVet
7th Nov 2011, 09:20
Hello there Everyone,

I am going for my Piloting course in December With Alpha Aviation Academy in UAE and it's going to cost me almost € 95,000 with Job Guaranteed And whilst doing some researches recently I've found out that there are some Academies Cheaper at almost half the price with 220 flying hrs at the End of the course but NO JOB ASSURED!!! So, Just wanted to ask and get some advices whether, Should I still pay double the price to get a Job or ......?? And if not is it easy to find a Job with 220 flying hrs?! Hmmmmm!! :hmm: :confused: :ugh:

Thank you so much!!

Gomrath
7th Nov 2011, 16:08
Welcome to the forum.
Have you tried the search function to see if there is already an answer to your question?

One question you might want to ask yourself - who is really likely to offer you a job guarantee before you have even started training and able to assess you?

With 220 hours or thereabouts - it will be very difficult - unless you happen to be in the right place at the right time.

Good luck in whatever you choose.

WhiskyTangoFoxtrott
7th Nov 2011, 16:13
€ 95,000 with Job Guaranteed
Where did you hear that???

Good luck by the way

felixthecat
7th Nov 2011, 17:03
Be VERY careful, what is the 'guaranteed" job? There are jobs and "jobs" i.e. are you going to get a jet rating and a proper job as an FO with an airline or are you going to become a flight instructor with the same company and for how long…with what prospects?

I would be VERY surprised if it was a jet rating and a job as an FO, and if its as a flight instructor you can do the same much much cheaper.

If they were actually offering the rating and a FO job position within an airline they would be inundated with students. There is NO easy way into this industry unless you are lucky enough to be a cadet with Emirates or the like.

Unfortunately the training market is buyer beware, it is bad enough in Europe getting a job but the UAE is much more limited for ab-inito pilots.

The_FlyingVet
7th Nov 2011, 17:45
@ Felixthecat.. I did ask 'em so many times to make sure and YES its Job as FO with Air Arabia!!! Since I am working with EK as cabin crew, I know what you mean about how hard it is for Ab-intio Pilots to get a Job in UAE, Qatar... etc!!

@ WhiskyTangoFoxtrott.. Yes its almost 95,000 Euros! training for 480,000 UAE Dhs + 40,000 Dhs for Accommodation!!!

@Gomrath.. I do believe it is Difficult but I am asking about the Possibilities and chances, What do u think? I am so confused and I do have to make up my mind within the next few days!!

Gracias a todos!!!

Dan the weegie
7th Nov 2011, 19:04
Sounds like a reasonable deal to me, people pay that much at OAA/CTC with no guarantees and still have to pay for a type rating afterwards.