PDA

View Full Version : Aerobatic in UAE

relax.jet
6th Nov 2011, 19:49
Hi there. Is there any chance to fly aerobatic in AD or that area? Any info is appreciated. Happy landings.

a747jb
6th Nov 2011, 22:18
Hi there. I have looked extensively into this as I am very involved in aerobatics back home and wanted to start up a program here. The short answer is unfortunately no. I have found it to be virtually impossible. In short, the GCAA here don't even want to entertain it for some reason. I have heard everything from its deemed military flying to we just don't do that. About the closest thing you will get is the Al Ain Air Show which is held in late Jan or early Feb. In fact, based on my research, it seems that most of the middle east is this way. Sorry for the bad news, but trust me when I say, I have tried everything to find a way to do some aerobatics, and no joy.

Dixons Cider
7th Nov 2011, 08:46
The only thing that would make it work would be to get an enthusiastic Emirati with big wasta (ie read sheikh or close to it) on board.
There is GA here, I see it in Bateen, but its just not available to the great unwashed :sad:

maxspeed
8th Nov 2011, 05:27
It looks like I to am making the move to the sandpit, so if the my Aerobatic flying fix is going to be hard to come bye, can anyone tell me the best websites to hunt out other fun stuff like motorbikes and cars. Dose anyone out there do any motorcycle road racing out there, I see on the Internet 2011-2012 UAE Sportbikes | Dubai Autodrome (http://www.dubaiautodrome.com/20112012-uae-sportbikes/) any other pilots out there with the same associated death wish!!!!

Tower Ranger
8th Nov 2011, 10:09
try gulfpetrolheads.com thats were the rest of us nutters hang out at.

maxspeed
10th Nov 2011, 19:14
Thanks TR, just the site I was looking for! Are there any PPruners/Pilots out there currently Road Racing?

surely not
11th Nov 2011, 11:13
We have enough problems over here avoiding the unofficial racing every day going to and from work!! A large number of the drivers already think they are formula 1 champions in the making :*

Guy D'ageradar
11th Nov 2011, 12:44
The only thing that would make it work would be to get an enthusiastic Emirati with big wasta

PLEASE -NO! We already have enough trouble with para jumping in the middle of our busiest route / the mil deciding to practice display flying on our doorstep - thus FURTHER blocking the same route and the usual "we don't give a damn - make it work" attitude. :rolleyes: