PDA

View Full Version : 39 Flight - BRNC 4 Nov 86

Charlie Time
4th Nov 2011, 17:53
Anyone else out there raising a glass tonight to celebrate 25 years on from walking through the gates of Dartmouth?

airborne_artist
4th Nov 2011, 18:01
Eight years earlier 87 Flight had just finished exams and we were off on Walkerton/to Roborough every day for grading.

Happy days!

bakseetblatherer
4th Nov 2011, 18:44
Sixty Seven Flight! Easy liiiife...

(although not as easy as 66Flt, half term guys ;))

Charlie Time
4th Nov 2011, 19:06
39 Flt had the pleasure of being a half term flight.

VTA
6th Nov 2011, 09:49
I Remember the day like it was yesterday.... Shared a room with Mike Palmer, Rich Bigland and an Irish lad (feel bad as I can't remember his name).... St Vincent Division !!! Loved every minute and didn't know what hit me !!!
Happy Days and cheers...

Mike "Judy" Garland

Charlie Time
6th Nov 2011, 12:15
Guessing that would be Les (?) Murray?

ianp
6th Nov 2011, 19:01
pah, I remember you wasters on 39, not like the hard core of 36/7 flt. Yes it does seem like it was only yesterday, am a crab now and popped into BRNC a few years back, the course phots are still on the wall. What does make me feel old is that Jim T dashed home in the first term due to sprog arrival, same sprog has now also graduated from BRNC a couple of years back.

sif

gpugh
6th Nov 2011, 20:13
St Vincent 1976 77 flight, father was one of the instructors at Roborough

Sleeve Wing
6th Nov 2011, 20:37
102 FW Course, 1961, one of the earlier courses to start their training at BRNC instead of Manadon. Grading was at Roborough too.

50 years this year - and celebrated first flight in an RN Tiger in July. First solo was also commemorated with half an hour's (gentle) solo aeros in the same borrowed Tiger this September.
Unfortunately the original Tiger (BB694) is now in Holland; that would have been the icing on the cake.
Still, never mind. Am I lucky or what ?

Anybody else around from the days of Lt.Mills. RN (NTO) and Bill Lucas ?

4Greens
6th Nov 2011, 21:38
Did flying at Roborough on a Tiger in around 1955. This was after checking out on a summer flying camp from Dartmouth. Fifteen years FAA and thirty years airline, still in one piece. A magic time - never worked in my life.

HTB
7th Nov 2011, 06:54
What's happened to the flight numbering? I thought I was on 40 Flight (Jan 1969); did they start again when the number reached 100?

I can remember my course/cabin mates (and still have a nice group photo of us at the end of the New Forest picnic); corner cabin, back right, near the top of the big house, Jellicoe junior.

Changed colour of uniform, please don't ask why, after a couple of years...

Mister B

Mike Oxbig
7th Nov 2011, 18:56
Seems only like yesterday! CPO Jeccles looking after us as the Div chief at St Vincent. Best thing I did was join the RN - next best thing I did was leave after 17 years!

HTB
16th Dec 2011, 15:53
This is 40 Flight from the Jan-Jun 1969 BRNC intake (plus some extra - crabs on exchange posting and GL types); names for most can be added if anyone's interested, otherwise just guess...(I'm penultimate back right, with the bow and Bowie).

Mister B

http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l633/htb2/scan0012.jpg