PDA

View Full Version : Emirates A330/340 to B777

BigGeordie
3rd Nov 2011, 20:32
I see they are asking for volunteers to let go of the sidestick and embrace the Boeing. Anybody thinking of going?

White Knight
3rd Nov 2011, 21:07
N O P E.........

Saltaire
4th Nov 2011, 04:02
Birdbrain, you miss the india night turns? I would say your 95 is much easier than 85 on the bus...30-40% of your flights are spent in the bunk. I'd say the 777 productivity is far and away better...remains to be seen if the 380 will take more of North America. If fuel prices rise further in the future, i would guess not.... I think i might go over, going to miss the table though

springbok449
4th Nov 2011, 04:21
If you go over you will definitely miss the furniture...

glofish
4th Nov 2011, 05:46
My money would be on going.

As has been stated before, there is a probability of EK deferring some whales, but takin' in more T7s.
I wouldn't discard this rumor when reading HH letter: Higher fuel bill by 1 billion, although the fuel price remained almost steady. High but mostly steady throughout the last year.

Does that ring a bell? Where does the over burn come from??

Not very popular to state the obvious ,but the consequences might point to it.
Once the airshow passed, I guess some of the nope fraction will reconsider ....

CAYNINE
4th Nov 2011, 07:10
If you took time to read the FCN properly it states the reason..... reduction of AB fleet.

Craggenmore
4th Nov 2011, 07:14
Won't the 777 be doing all the night turns in a few years time?

Wont the 380 be doing all the day Europes soon?

YYZ
4th Nov 2011, 07:43
777 top bid month for me...
8 days off, no ULRs, 6 India turns?
89 hours

777 is not as nice as some people think!

YYZ

glofish
4th Nov 2011, 07:48
If you took time to read the FCN properly it states the reason..... reduction of AB fleet.

I read it ..... as far as I know, the 380 is an Airbus.

the 777 be doing all the night turns in a few years time?

Wont the 380 be doing all the day Europes soon?

Maybe some India for a while, until the 359 is here ..... inshallah.

Maybe a lot of Europe for the whale, but I guess no NA and Aussie trips.

My belief is, that all fleets will have their share of crap, unlike now where the poor 330/340 guys get it all.

givemewings
4th Nov 2011, 10:26
Just curious as to why you think they'd stop Oz flights on the dugong... that things is chockers on every Sydney flight I've ever been on. Not stirring, a genuine question. (Is it the freight capacity like gets mentioned a lot? No wonder they don't want the bog-standard config from the factory then)

Plank Cap
4th Nov 2011, 10:34
My 777 roster this month: 95+ hours (again), comprising 3 IndoPak night turns, a BHX, LOS, IAH, and KUL. Ten days off, no more than 3 consecutive.

Please do come over guys, we need the fleet enlarged so I can get my hours down to something sustainable, and my days off up to something enjoyable....

Laker
4th Nov 2011, 11:25
YYZ,

somebody needs to teach you how to bid! I've never had a roster that bad. I get an India turn maybe once every 4-6 months. Top bid I usually get two ULR's and 1 or 2 asia trips (14-16 off). I'm shocked yours turned out so poorly.

InnocentBystander
4th Nov 2011, 15:15
777 top bid month for me...
8 days off, no ULRs, 6 India turns?
89 hours

YYZ: With all due respect but you do not know how to bid correctly if that is true.

It's been almost a year since my last ME/Subcontinent turn outside reserve and line checks (Yes, including two bottom bids). My top bid has always been europe & US layovers (My preference). No turns in at least second and top bid. And I'm not that senior.

Maybe you should email CRS support with your bid and resulting roster and see where you go wrong.

desertcamel
4th Nov 2011, 17:23
it is no doubt that we work our arse every month, there is no escape from doing that. And i'd rather do a long flight, check in on a more decent hotel, good allowance, good food and drinks.Than doing Ahmedabad, cochin, Chennai and the rest of this s__t holes every month and everynights. I will take my chance.....
95 hours is no longer an issue, Airbus guys are so used to that.....

DC

goatherd
5th Nov 2011, 08:07
I think we are missing the plot here.

We are(or were) only supposed to lose 4 330's and maybe a couple of 343's next year. With the number of 380's coming more than double the number of 330/340's leaving it does'nt make sense, unless there is a drastic reduction in the old fleet planned.

The last 71 f/o's on the seniority list all joined the 777, yet again, with the number of 380's due that does'nt make a lot of sense...

YYZ
5th Nov 2011, 16:15
I am new and have not yet been able to go to a CRS explanation lesson.. However, 1000 points requesting ULRs, and 200 for a LGW as a backup should not produce the roster i got? I kept the bidding very simple.

My previous months bids worked out fine in the lower groups so who knows?
If im ever in the country when they are running a lesson i will go to it.

YYZ