PDA

View Full Version : UAE licence validation

CTM1394
3rd Nov 2011, 12:49
Hi,
Emirates required to have a medical class1 valid 3 months after the date of joining. I will leave my company 2 month before my medical renewal, therefore my medical class will only be valid 2 month before joining Emirates. I have a commuting job with very limited time in the country which has delivered my license so very difficult to get a medical check before due date.
Is it a big pb if my medical is valid less than 3 month?
thanks for your answers....

skyvan
3rd Nov 2011, 14:36
Check with your HR co-ordinator.

My UAE medical was done during selection, so that gave me 12 months from selection. But that was 4 years ago.

dubaibound
3rd Nov 2011, 15:15
As I understand it, the ICAO agreement allows member states to issue flying licenses based on those issued by another member state.
In order to issue a UAE ATPL, the GCAA must have a valid ATPL to transfer. An ATPL is validated by a Class 1 medical. If the ATPL is not valid on the day that the GCAA gets around to processing it, then it simply cannot be done.
Emirates asks that your license / medical combination is valid for at least 3 months after you join, in order to cover any administrative delays in processing it.
I suspect that if you try really, really hard you can find a free hour in which to visit your doctor.