PDA

View Full Version : Bond Air Service has 7 year contract for East Anglian Air Ambulance

chopper2004
2nd Nov 2011, 20:26
Bond Air Services now has a 7 year contract with East Anglian Air Ambulance supplying a pair of EC135 so basically the same set up as now.

Several years back at Duxford Airshow, the charity were selling die cast EC135 toy models in yellow and black titles in East Anglian Air Ambulance title. I happened to buy one then the following year they had the little yellow BK117s on sale as well until last year when they stopped selling them.

902Jon
3rd Nov 2011, 18:34
2 x 135?

is that right?

My understanding is that East Anglia have ordered an EC145 and an EC135?

g-mady
3rd Nov 2011, 19:53
that's how I understand it... a 135 and a 145,

Apparently this will make it the most advanced in the country...

Glad to see life is returning to normal for the Nor-folk

MADY

Helinut
4th Nov 2011, 00:17
So what's the rationale for having 2 different types, one covering one area and the other another area? Are HEMS jobs in Norfolk and Suffolk different from those in Cambridgeshire and Bedfordshire?

PANews
4th Nov 2011, 20:11
They are probably in a bit of a hurry!

Don't forget they were more than happy with their BK117s but lost them and had a massive downsize to basic BO105s just to keep flying. Getting in the former ADAC 135s was probably an act of desperation - from 4x4 to Mini. For BASL going 135P was probably difficult - but of course the customer is probably paying a PREMIUM and they [BASL] can dump them at leisure later

No point them buying current Ec145s so the route they have taken may be sensible for them. Mixed fleet? Not exactly the EAAA problem more one for BASL that might well suit their future options in being able to offer the AA trade upgrades to a type they will then have in house. A later upgrade to a second T2 would be easy for EAAA and give BASL a spare for AN other.

With BASL now being temporarily immersed in PWC engines [good or bad] it may be Turbomeca have most to lose in the long term, what if they like?