PDA

View Full Version : Monarch buying BMI Baby ?

bill b
2nd Nov 2011, 19:48
Anyone else heard this rumour doing the rounds today ? :bored:

ib26uk
2nd Nov 2011, 19:53
Sorry but despite what I`d said earlier on the forums - There is NO TRUTH in this rumour

Totally_Bananas
2nd Nov 2011, 19:53
And where is Monarch going to get the cash from? They have just been bailed out........

Sir George Cayley
2nd Nov 2011, 21:06
But what about Bmi mainline? Can they survive or will LH look to cut and run?

Airbus321-200
2nd Nov 2011, 22:25
Monarch haven't been bailed out. Money was put into the company. Maybe to purchase something....

windytoo
2nd Nov 2011, 22:50
People talking about Monarch being bailed out have absolutely no idea how Monarch is run. A private Company being given money by its owner for whatever use is part of a business plan not a bailout, especially when the owner has a personal fortune of £1.7 Billion.

gorter
2nd Nov 2011, 23:12
I'm no expert on the ins and outs of the aviation industry.

But why would anyone buy bmi baby? What assets do they have? They don't own their aircraft. They have no heathrow slots? They have some airport slots but slots that can be gotten at the world slot conference (I've forgotten the exact title)

Yes they have some good staff, but no one that is enough of an asset for another airline to want to buy the whole company.

There are always rumours of someone buying bmi baby, but I just don't see it.

BOAC4ME
2nd Nov 2011, 23:32
Gorter, you may not be an expert but you are spot on in your analysis in my opinion.

Mod Kit
2nd Nov 2011, 23:37
Part of a deal may include the lease agreements for the old 737's. There is an infrastructure, route network and a body of staff which would only need premises to operate from. A quick rebrand to Fastjet........ and manage the old aircraft out, replacing them one by one with newer units. Baby losses are small compared to those of the parent company. Certainly capable of being turned around.

INKJET
3rd Nov 2011, 09:38
I would put it at 90%+ that baby will be sold before Xmas......

Flypuppy
3rd Nov 2011, 09:42
Only 90% certain? :E

sealink
3rd Nov 2011, 10:39
Id say all deals are done and its a waiting game. Staff will be informed just before Xmas.... that will lead to a 90 day consultation..... which will take us thru to March..... the end of the Winter schedule..... from there...... ?????

Airbus321-200
3rd Nov 2011, 10:42
Monarch is a no cause they have done their announcment.

Air contractors sounds like a good option. They are profitable and have 737 classics.

INKJET
3rd Nov 2011, 11:06
100% it will be sold but with only 6 to 7 weeks before Xmas wind down I think 90% chance of being sold by Xmas is about right?

RHINO
3rd Nov 2011, 11:20
and there you have it....Monarch are most definately not acquiring Baby....

french_stick
3rd Nov 2011, 11:41
People talking about Monarch being bailed out have absolutely no idea how Monarch is run. A private Company being given money by its owner for whatever use is part of a business plan not a bailout, especially when the owner has a personal fortune of £1.7 Billion.

You've just proved that you dont either.

Money was needed to see it though the winter. That is a bail out.

Notwithstanding the shareholders private wealth, the business used to be profitable. Now it isn't. Based on the latest "big" announcement, thats not likely to change.

time to merge threads since the baby thing seemed to be another spotters dream?

Topspotter
3rd Nov 2011, 12:39
Your must be living on planet zog, there is not a chance in hell monarch will buy BMI Baby

RHINO
3rd Nov 2011, 12:40
exactly just guess work.....whereas the Company announcement tells the story......an airline with a future!

TSR2
3rd Nov 2011, 12:56
......an airline with a future!

Maybe, but not a very profitable one.

Unless they take positive steps to stem the losses they will just stumble from one crisis to another. The new routes recently announced may simply increase their losses, but time will tell.

I wish them all the best.