PDA

View Full Version : Working for MAS

Liney
2nd Nov 2011, 14:54
Hello all

I've received an offer of employment for the position of LAE within the ASU department based at KLIA. Its direct employment with MAS, not contracting.

Can someone enlighten me as to what the ASU department actually do, is it a mix of line / light scheduled / casualty / base or is it dedicated to only one of these operations ? Guessing its a mix of 744 / 330 / 777 / 737 ?

I'm UK EASA Part 66 B1 and C, will I need to get the Malaysian licence to certify ? If so is there a time limit to acquire this and is there assistance from MAS ?

Ideas of shift patterns, days or nights or a mix of both, real days off (i.e at home with the family and not the scenario where your roster says you are off but your told to be on duty on overtime)

Chance to get annual leave actually approved etc.

Expectations from the management with regards to overtime ? Expected or entirely optional ?

Any recommendations for areas to search for accommodation knowing that KLIA is quite a long way from KL and international schools are around KL. Somewhere between the two ? Areas for families ? (2 children under 10)

Many questions but thanks in advance for any info or pointers