PDA

View Full Version : Post MEP/IR Reading

speedbird001
2nd Nov 2011, 10:02
Hi All,

Not long got the fATPL and i was wondering what ( If any ) Post IR reading i should do ? The only reason i ask is that since it's all been done and dusted i for one have got really lazy and put it all to the back of my head or more realistically washed it all down the drain with ale :E

Not good i know but any reccomendations apart from re-reading the ATPL notes again ( don't really want to do that ) plus I've not been able to go flying due to £££££££sss issues like a lot of guys/gals since getting all done.

Ive had a good search on the Interweb for books etc but not really found out, are there any books like you get for VFR/PPL flying like say 101 things you can do with your IR etc ?????

Just feeling like there is a lot of holes in my knowledge starting to creep in :sad:

Cheers

SB001

MIKECR
2nd Nov 2011, 10:58
Your probably after something like 'Ace The Technical Interview' or 'Handling the Big Jets'. Both have their critics though. Have a look online at Transair or some of the other online retailers, they have all sorts of tech refresher/interview prep books.

You need to keep flying though otherwise you'll just get left behind. Renewing an IR every year wont cut the mustard.

speedbird001
2nd Nov 2011, 12:06
HI MIKECR,

Thanks for the reply, I've read that book you mention, it's pretty good although i found some of it heavy night time reading :eek: but really good all the same.

I've not done any real Flying since summer, been in the SIM a few times though that helps i suppose, but it's all down to cost at the moment.

Would be interested to know what others have done since passing the IR etc, i keep on trying to save some pennies and just go up in a single and shoot a few ILSs and NDB procs ??? Just finding it a little tough at the mo.

How do you go on etc ? There's a guy at my FTO who is up for doing some cross country IFR i may tag on with him when and if pennies permit etc

SB001