PDA

View Full Version : Flying TAP out of Bissau in Super-G's

multiprops
29th Oct 2011, 14:25
Hello. Could someone help me in how to find exact data about the old route Bissau-Lisbon as it was back in the 60's when flying a Super-Constellation?
As I am trying to replicate those flights with same airplane, every bit of data (routes, altitudes, flight-time, everything) would be very much appreciated. Thank you very much!

Chris Scott
29th Oct 2011, 14:42
Quote:
As I am trying to replicate those flights with same airplane...

Surely, as a famous ball-player once said, "you can NOT be serious?"

If you are, how much are you charging for a seat?

multiprops
29th Oct 2011, 16:14
My bad, Chris. I should have stated: replicate, yes, but in real-time simulator.

WHBM
29th Oct 2011, 16:28
1962 TAP timetable Lisbon - Bissau with L1049 here :

http://www.timetableimages.com/ttimages/tp/tp62/tp62-2.jpg

multiprops
30th Oct 2011, 05:11
WHBM: Thank you very much for your help. I'm ecstatic! :p
The timetable is almost enough to calculate the course, if I'm not mistaken, 1648 NM Bissau-Lisbon at 200-250knots (my guess for the cruise speed TAP would make in the 1049H) give or take it's the 8h 40 minutes in the timetable. It is odd, anyway, I never tought it would be such a straight course; I tought TAP would avoid flying over at least some African countries (political issues in the 60's).
My dad does not remember if it was over "sea" or "land". I'm trying to recreate his first flight (he was doing his military tour in Guiné and that was his first leave - to see your's truly for the first time: I was born 3 month after his departure to war in Africa :O
Anyway, your help was priceless: I think to do better it would have to be someone from a TAP crew at the time to tell me the exact course. (too much to expect, maybe) :)
Again, thank you very much! :ok: