PDA

View Full Version : if REALLY feel like giving it all UP

spitfire747
5th Nov 2001, 23:11
What do you say to someone who for years has struggled in a low paid job to save up for his PPL and to finally get it after 3 years, who then does the bold step and goes and gets a big bank loan to pay for IMC NIGHT MULTI and 100 hours flying, gives it to a bournemouth school, which goes bust 2 days before he leaves for the USA.

I am now more than ever sure I can never afford to pay for the training, so looks like I am stuck for the rest of my life in my job I hate......

TRANQUILLO
5th Nov 2001, 23:20
REALLY SORRY...I can't find any other words ....
Somebody says that if you pay by credit card it's easyer to get some money back if the FTO goes bust but I don't know how...

If you did pay by credit card you may contact your bank and see what you can do...

once more really sorry :(

Naples Air Center, Inc.
5th Nov 2001, 23:22
spitfire747,

If you paid via Credit Card, you can dispute the charge. If you just paid by Check, call your bank and stop payment on the check.

Good Luck,

Capt. Richard J. Gentil, Pres.
Naples Air Center, Inc.

spitfire747
5th Nov 2001, 23:50
Thanks Guys

stupid me, i paid by cheque, to what i thought was a good FTO, well structured with good reviews.
The thing that annoys me is they took my money 4weeks and 2 weeks ago, they must have known
i have also paid and lumbered with returns flights to the USA on sat and weeks car rental in florida, all NON-refundable

i work soo hard to get where i get and i just get kicked down - it makes you wonder

anyway thanks for your support

M

scroggs
6th Nov 2001, 00:30
Looks like I answered your other thread too late - or, rather (as you paid up 4 weeks ago) you asked the questios too late.
I should go straight to your bank and explain the position. They will have a vested interest in you getting your money back, and they will probably be able to give you some good advice. Best of luck!

helimutt
6th Nov 2001, 00:52
As I will be just on the other side of the hangar from SFT tomorrow, I could always 'borrow' one of their a/c and you might be able to get a reasonable price for it.
I'm just joking obviously.

Sorry to hear about the loss of money. I know what it's like to have to raise funds to fly. Don't give up trying to get reimbursed.

Naples Air Center, Inc.
6th Nov 2001, 01:17
spitfire747,

If you already have the tickets and are coming to Florida, come see me. I will give you the aircraft time for nothing to complete your night rating, just pay the instructor's time. (Since they need to eat too.)

Actually I will make this offer to help anyone that was coming to the U.S. via SFT and were burned. I do not want to see anyone lose out on their dream of flying.

Tele: US +941-643-1717
Fax: US +941-643-7794

Sincerely,

Capt. Richard J. Gentil, Pres.
Naples Air Center, Inc.

scroggs
6th Nov 2001, 03:00
Richard,
a generous and very kind offer. Thank you.

spitfire747
6th Nov 2001, 03:12
I second that Scroggs

It is very rare in this world now-adays to find people who are genuine in what they do, and especially to find a FTO that has more of an interest in Pilots well beings than the size of their wallets.

It is a pitty there are not more people like Richard in the world of aviation!

TRANQUILLO
6th Nov 2001, 03:24
Naples Air Center ,

I am really pleased to hear this considering the crisis that the aviation industry is going through...

You are really generous and helpful well done!!

Spitfire don't give up mate!!! :)

[ 05 November 2001: Message edited by: pilota italiano ]

spitfire747
6th Nov 2001, 03:31
I cannot believe it even when the chips are down, there are many people out there with confidence and posts of "good luck" and do not give up.

I have often said to my family, that there is nothing quite like the global "aviation" family, everyone is caring and supportive of everyone.

This evening i felt really depressed, but with what people have written and with the generous offer from Richard at Naples Air Centre to myself and other burned SFT students, i do not feel like giving up.

At the end of the day maybe SFT knew they were going down and maybe they didn't, hopefully i and others might get some money back if the company is saved or bought out

I still have my tickets for USA and they are NON-Refundable so i might as well make use of them, if nothing else but to have a very expensive holiday, probably the most expensive one of my entire life !!!

THANKS AGAIN EVRYONE FOR ALL YOU SUPPORT

MUCH APPRECIATED

Spitfire747

theodor
6th Nov 2001, 21:37
Naples comming through for us, thanks.
You help us, we help you. So, even though I was gonna go to South Africa for my multi, if naples can offer a JAR multi I´ll be there in a few months. Please write me if this is possible.

[email protected]

TraineePilot01
6th Nov 2001, 22:37
That is so kind Naples (Richard). If there were more schools in America that did what you had done the world would be a better place! All they are after is money, obviously you are not (particularly Orlando Flight Training I hear)

I also hear Naples is a very reputable flying school, so maybe I'll see you there early next year for my hour building!

Although this offer won't effect me, thanks, this is great! :) :D :)

Oleo
6th Nov 2001, 23:16
Wow - hats off to you Richard - I hope your very kind gesture is repaid to you in spades. :)

G SXTY
7th Nov 2001, 00:37
Fair play Richard, a remarkably generous & enlightened offer. Help out a few wannabes who've got burnt - get the attention of a whole lot more of us. Handy thing this internet, isn't it? ;)

Spitfire,
I 'd be feeling pretty sick at the moment too. In my heart though, I'd know had to find a way round it. I just can't imagine sitting at a desk in my fifties, wondering why I gave up.

Good luck from all of us.

Flyingspaniard
7th Nov 2001, 01:57
I'm just writing this message in the hope that I can make you feel a little more optimistic about SFT. Having studied there myself I always found them to be very honest where money was concerned.

They opened a joint account at the beginning of the course so that the only way they could have my money was for myself and them to sign for it. This gave me alot of confidence.

At the end of my course I calculated that they owed me approx £1500 pounds however I was pleased to find that they had corrected a mistake I had made and paid me back the correct amount of £2300.

I know this doesn't help you much at the moment... but I do think knowing the staff and management at SFT they will try to do the right thing by their students.

I hope it all works out for you.

Stan Woolley
7th Nov 2001, 12:10
Great stuff Richard,I was given a helping hand during my early days and I will always appreciate it.

monkeyboy
8th Nov 2001, 01:59
Spitfire, come on old boy, don't give up now!
Let's see some of that determination and motivation that's got you this far! That's the spirit!

Naples, you are indeed a gent. I hope this act of kindness repays itself with increased custom down the line.

MB :)

PFO
8th Nov 2001, 02:56
What a breath of fresh air to see someone like Richard doing something so positive.

I was going to go to one of the other FTO's for my hour building next year but it looks like Naples is going to be getting my hard-earned cash now!

Thanks Richard