PDA

View Full Version : Skytrans recruitment!

Hold_Short
27th Oct 2011, 00:20
Anyone done the Skytrans interview and checkride in the sim? Interview coming up and need to get prepared...

VH-FTS
27th Oct 2011, 00:27
Isn't the ride done in a dodgy aero club sim and run by someone who has never flown anything 'complex' in their life? Former candidates have spoken about the poor set up, including being put incorrectly on the ILS (well above glideslope).

maybegunnadoo
27th Oct 2011, 04:53
Excellent company to work for. Management try very hard to do the right thing. Sim in Melb on Ansett Dash 8/102. Get your scan VERY much up to speed and if given power/attitude settings stick to them religiously. Interview is all the usual and very friendly. Goodluck:ok:

VH-FTS
27th Oct 2011, 05:25
Glad to hear they're taking the sim ride seriously now.

Hailstop3
2nd Nov 2011, 02:07
Can any Skytrans employees give me an idea of pay scales and rosters at all, what the company is like to work for, and any tips for the interview?

PM me if possible. Thanks in advance.

Scottw
3rd Nov 2011, 21:04
G'day All

Just wanting to ask as well of any Skytrans folk, can any fill in any more on what is the latest on Toowoomba Sydney flights and the word on a possible Roma and or Emerald flight connecting the North Coast. Last I heard Possible January start for Sydney.

Does anyone on the forum who work for Skytrans fly the Western Routes from Brisvegas/Thargo route and/or Western Route 2 to Mt Isa

Just for interest sake I am based at YTWB as a Senior ARO and see the Dash 8s on a regular basis, hence my interest in the future developments.
Cheers

Move On
5th Nov 2011, 09:39
What's a Senior ARO?

Marcuste747, go to the PATS site and you will find the SkyTrans 2007 agreement or if you are a member of AFAP, you can find it there. FO's start on 50k plus etc on the Dash 8. They pay well and they are a good/positive group to work for...And no,I do not work for them!

Move On:ok:

Scottw
5th Nov 2011, 09:54
Move On...

Aerodrome Reporting Officer (ARO)
Airfield Safety Officer

I maintain the aerodrome in accordance with Manual of Standards MOS CASR Part 139-Aerodromes