PDA

View Full Version : Ayla Aviation Academy

warrior28a
26th Oct 2011, 17:58
Hi everyone. I am thinking of joining Ayla in Jordan. Does anyone have any info they may want to share with me? Is it a good place to train? Are the instructors good?

Che Guevara
26th Oct 2011, 18:38
Do yourself a big favour and go to somewhere like Oxford in the UK or Australia if you want a good start.
There is simply no comparison with the place you mentioned, full stop, end of story.

Good luck

CadetPilot
26th Oct 2011, 19:10
warrior28a,

This is off their facebook.
"we are pleased to announce that Ayla's integrated flight training program is now approved by QATAR AIRWAYS, one of the fastest growing airlines in the industry!!! This came as a result of a thorough inspection of both Ayla and sister school Atlantic Flight Training in the UK. We are very excited to build a long and lasting relationship with Qatar Airways."

Check PM.

captain.weird
26th Oct 2011, 20:38
It costs $105,000. A little bit too expensive.. I would prefer Oxford Aviation Academy or the FTE above this one.. A lot of ex-students of FTE flies for QR.

warrior28a
28th Oct 2011, 05:14
no more answers? If this is the case I think I will join Horizon.

WELCO
28th Oct 2011, 13:39
I agree with Che Guevara.

QR inspection is a nice thing to hear about, but if you want to be at a competent level when you get the license and start applying to airline companies you better avoid places like that Ayla thing. In flight schools like Ayla, YOU WILL get the license even if your skill and knowledge is a bit questionable. So it's not only about how good your equipment is and how neat and tidy the facilities are. It's rather a case of WHO DOES MAKE YOU A PILOT!

I highly recommend FTE and Oxford. If you want an FAA license, you have Flight Safety Academy in the US. In these places, you will have absolutely no choice except being really good and competent hard working cadet with a decent level of knowledge in order to get the license. No compromise! The learning experience itself is very rich and profound with those academies, especially when you start doing the Navigation flights and the Instrument Rating. I have seen lots of pilots from all of those academies, including cadets from Ayla and other Jordanian academies.. The difference is HUGE..& Oh Good Lord, their English is horrible!