PDA

View Full Version : Looking For a job in Gatwick

nicoli
26th Oct 2011, 17:12
Hi everyone,

I would love to have some advices, I'm french and want to be pilot and I decide to come in the UK to improve my English and have the opportunity to work as ground staff. I worked as seasonal cabin crew for a french airline, so I'm looking for a Passenger Service Agent jobs or ground handling job. I already search on Swissport, Servisair, Menzies website but I couldn't find any vacancies.
Do you have any tips or other websites to find a job or should I go directly go to LGW and ask for the Human resource ?

Thanks

LGWXOPSA
26th Oct 2011, 20:33
Good day,

Welcome to the UK!

I believe that this is the wrong time of year to be applying for ground handling jobs as the summer season has just finished and all the temporary summer staff not kept on for the winter season have been made jobless - sorry to be blunt but I don't think you will get a ground handling job before next summer now. Perhaps look at the Virgin Atlantic careers website and check for vacancies in the call center?.

Looking at aviation job search, the only role I can find is for an Operations Assistant based in South West London.

In my opinion, you would be best finding some seasonal work in a store of some sort to help improve your English and then reapply to the ground handling companies next year.

All the best

nicoli
27th Oct 2011, 08:05
HI,

Thanks for your time Lgwxopsa, I hoped that for the christmas they will hired more people has they getting busy. But I'll follow your advice and find a job in a store.

Stevop unfortunately I can't re-locate finding a roomshare in the UK is very hard.

Many thanks.

G-DUDE
27th Oct 2011, 16:26
Have a look at the recruitment place.... They look for people quite often as do premier work support.... They place PSAs and Ramp Agents.

Try easyjetcareers.com and maybe cabin crew? Based at Gatwick.... You can meet all the flight deck and training/recruitment Captains.... Easy are recruiting cabin crew now based at LGW

Mr Angry from Purley
27th Oct 2011, 16:47
I heard that LGW / Crawley had 100% employment is that true. i.e. if you want a job there are plenty there
try aviationjobsearch

Capetonian
27th Oct 2011, 16:59
I heard that LGW / Crawley had 100% employment is that true. i.e. if you want a job there are plenty there

I am not quite sure what you mean by that, it seems to be contradictory. My understanding of 100% employment would be that everybody of working age is employed, and every job is filled, which is demonstrably not the case if you walk around Crawley.

From what I've seen of that place, most of its residents prefer to be pregnant, getting pregnant, making someone pregnant, on the dole, at the pub, mugging, walking around with tiny babies, stuffing their bloated bodies with McDonalds, or shopping at the Pound Store.

I would imagine therefore that anyone who actually wants a job, has two hands and feet, two eyes and a nose, and an IQ above 60, can probably find one quite easily, as there isn't much competition.

Edit : To avoid giving offence to Ppruners who live in or near Crawley, the above description only applies to the unemployed/unemployable, since the others are working!

G-DUDE
27th Oct 2011, 17:27
Crawley is as diverse as any other town.... It has good and bad parts!! Even the odd posh part.

Cape Town is not without it's problems ?? Beautiful scenery and amazing food....but overrun with with drug addicts and beggars!!!
:ouch:

Capetonian
27th Oct 2011, 17:37
Crawley is as diverse as any other town.... It has good and bad parts!!

Of course it does. The problem is that it's 95% bad and 5% good.