PDA

View Full Version : CASA CAR 100.66 Maintenance Authority

Bus429
25th Oct 2011, 11:31
Is a CASA Maintenance Authority an ICAO AME compliant licence? I've trawled through a lot of CASA stuff today but cannot find a definite answer. It appears to be an interim authorization rather than licence issued after some sort of assessment by a recognised organisation but limited to working within a particul;ar maintenance organisation (but sort of qualifies towards 66?).

Any ideas?

Rigga
25th Oct 2011, 20:28
Did you try to find the answer on the ICAO website?

Bus429
26th Oct 2011, 03:28
Hi Rigga
I think you'll find you have to subscribe to the Annexes on the ICAO site. I've got old copies.
The Maintenance Authority appears to be a stepping stone qualification and further research appears to indicate it is not equivalent to a licence.
We've been presented with such an authority as the basis of issuing a one-off auhtorisation under EASA Part 145; we don't think we can.

piggybank
26th Oct 2011, 05:17
Without trawling through the CASA site I would assume the Maintenance Authority no longer exists.

CASA maintenance licences did not have a licence without type and the MA gave you the ability to sign work off for a period of a year, renewable for a year if I remember right. In my case I already had a CASA licence with types but wanted to add Squirrel helicopter. I did the course and was issued with an MA

In that time you have to get enough SOEs filled out to satisfy CASA a type rating could be issued.

The MA is issued to you working for a specific company who would be named on the first page.

FMU
27th Oct 2011, 09:30
The CASA 100.66 MA no longer exists. It was an interim approval issued by CASA while they transitioned from CAR 31 AMELs to CASR Part66 AMELs. CASA now only issues CASR Part 66 AMELs.