PDA

View Full Version : Who are Skyservice?

Charley
20th Mar 2001, 16:23
I have heard before that Skyservice often 'look after' some of Airtours' aircraft over the winter season. In today's Flight International, Skyservice are not mentioned as being part of the Airtours Aviation Division (which consists AIH, Premiair and Fly FTI). So what is the relationship between AIH and Skyservice?

I only ask because a big fat A330 plonked itself on rwy 32 at LBA yesterday lunchtime, grabbing the attention of myself and a couple of my instructors. I'm not sure if it was operating on an Airtours code, but it was C-registered and in Skyservice colours -- prompting my curiosity. Nobody I was with said they have ever noticed Skyservice running flights into Leeds before, but that's not to say it has never happened.

Desk Driver
20th Mar 2001, 19:39
Skyservice is indeed connected to Airtours and in fact I think it's owned by their US operation. I understand that it is a Canadian airline operating mainly out of the US. I think that they used to operate DC10's on routes such as LAX - HNL to name one.

I stand to be corrected though!

------------------
-------------------------
You fly em we'll fill em!

Squawk 8888
20th Mar 2001, 21:55
Skyservice is a Toronto-based operator that provides chartes (Airbus) and also services aircraft for other carries. They are also the operators of Roots Air.

------------------
Nuke the rainforest- it's more efficient than logging.

GOLIATH
20th Mar 2001, 22:46
Skyservice A330-300 is being operated by Airtours for the winter season. Sunquest-the tour operator for Skyservice is wholy owned by Airtours, and as such controls this Canadian operation. The airplane currently flies to Banjul from MAN on a Thurs, and to Sanford, Orlando on Fri and Sat. At all other times will operate AIH tech flts, as happened in LBA yesterday. The regular 757 was poorly...

SFly
24th Mar 2001, 02:57
G-MDBD went to do the Hajj . . . well something had to replace the high loss of flights losing one A330 for an extended amount of time, so the SkyService A330 came on the scene.

It creates automatic delays because it lost it's ETOPS after 2 engine failures. Now it has to go the long way (yes, over Greenland) and the flight times are horrendous. It does the transatlantics . . . now tell me, why didn't they keep the ETOPS certified MDBD for the transatlantic flights and send the ETOPS to the Hajj, that doesn't require ETOPS?

Because they're barmy. :rolleyes:
SFly

EGCC4284
25th Mar 2001, 05:11
C-FBUS. And we are glad it went there instead of here

------------------
A BIT EXTRA FOR MUM.

SFly
25th Mar 2001, 21:33
Yeah, and US has to stop at Bangor . . . a triple whammie for the passengers! :rolleyes:

EGCC4284, what do you mean? It shows how much you must know :), as CFBUS does the Manchester-USA/Carribbean routes! ;)

EGCC4284
26th Mar 2001, 02:50
The crews on CFBUS are not very helpful when it comes to helping us getting it fueled.
They insist that fuellers are not allowed
to set there fuel gauge pre select to enable us to start fuelling early, ie one hour before ETD.

We have to either try and find one of there Canadian engineers or wait for the crew to get to the aircraft and set there fuel pre select.

This doesn't help us when we are busy.ie doing unplanned, unscheduled extra flights that everybody still expects to go out on time.

So if thats the case, in summer when the plane, CFBUS, comes in late, do we waste time sat on the plane waiting for crews to turn up before we can start fuelling possibly delaying other aircraft that are on time or do we tell AIH that your plane is late in and is to the back of the queue and we will get to it when we can.???????

All the G prefix, no problems.
C prefix,problems

PS, JMC, we love you as well

------------------
A BIT EXTRA FOR MUM.

[This message has been edited by EGCC4284 (edited 25 March 2001).]