PDA

View Full Version : CPL licence issue question

Tigerdriver2006
24th Oct 2011, 09:13
Back in March I passed the CPL skills test, but owing to financial difficulties I have not been able to send my paperwork to the CAA for licence issue. In the meantime, my SEP rating has expired. I would be very grateful to anybody who can answer this question: can the CPL be issued without a current SEP Rating, or do I need to pass a Flight Profiency Test before sending off my paperwork?

gwizzaviatior
24th Oct 2011, 09:19
Your answer lyes one 5 minute telephone call away my friend:

Licensing and Medical
Personnel Licensing
Telephone: 01293 573700
Email: [email protected] (flight crew licensing)

mad_jock
24th Oct 2011, 09:50
If your CPL test was done in a single the test will automatically validate your SEP. Your examinor should have signed your ratings page but if they haven't they included a new ratings page in my CPL but that was years ago. If you stick a note in about it I am sure they will sort things for you.

VJW
24th Oct 2011, 10:19
The above is all correct-

The CPL skill test can be used to re-issue the SEP. If the CPL examiner did not renew your SEP rating in your PPL at the the time of passing the CPL skill test, as said above, stick a note in with your CPL application and they'll renew your SEP on the back of your CPL skill test pass (provided you did the CPL skill test on a SEP). If you use the CAA to renew this rating, they may charge you. You normally get 1 free rating with a licence issue fee, so if you're adding a MEP as well, it'll be the MEP that's free and you'll need to pay the SEP renewal fee. If its just the CPL and SEP you've done, they should do that for free (or included in the price paid for the CPL).

Make sure your letter in with the application states this, otherwise you may be called and asked for more payment.

VJW

Tigerdriver2006
24th Oct 2011, 11:38
Thank you so much for your helpful replies! I'm very glad to hear that I won't have to take a Flight Profiency Test! :O