PDA

View Full Version : EASA and New Syllabus for ATPL Theory

FattyBarr
23rd Oct 2011, 16:05
Im due to take my second and last lot of exams in April.

It seems that the Bristol question bank has been a pretty accurate revision guide for recent exams, I'm slightly concerned that it will be not quite as usefull once the new syllabus is fully implemented.

Whats the general consensus on the new syllabus / exams?

Cheers

Lightning Mate
23rd Oct 2011, 17:00
As an ATPL tutor I know exactly what is involved, and I'm sure your training provider will also knpw.

Why don't you contact them - you have paid for it!!

FattyBarr
23rd Oct 2011, 17:55
Why thankyou for your constructive and helpful reply.

G-TD
23rd Oct 2011, 18:19
I was on the last course at our FTO to use the old syllabus. We seemed to do very well as a whole. I noticed that there was a much higher failure rate on the course after us. I recall that the questions they received where quite different from the question bank style questions that we have been so used to, and relied on for a while.

I guess that you'll be safe and still be doing the old syllabus exams as they are valid until mid 2012 are they not?

TDME
25th Oct 2011, 09:06
I noticed that there was a much higher failure rate on the course after us

Down to over reliance on the QB rather than the subject matter perhaps?

The500man
25th Oct 2011, 20:21
Down to over reliance on the QB rather than the subject matter perhaps? There are different questions in the new exams which the instructors don't yet know all about so they're not able to give as much targetted guidance and advice on questions to expect as they perhaps used to. There is also still some issues with the time limits and number/ type of questions on some of the new exams.

Rishy
28th Oct 2011, 12:30
Your second set of exams will test you on the syllabus you have been taught, regardless of when the new one is introduced.

Lighting Mate is right though, the nice people at Bristol will confirm things.

Good luck for April.