PDA

View Full Version : Australian (CASA) Part-66 to EASA Part-66 Conversion.

Petrus101
23rd Oct 2011, 15:46
Hi guys,

I am a young Australian GA engineer, I completed my apprenticeship in Aus as well as all but 2 of my basics for a piston engine & airframe licence. I have since started working for a GA maintenance org here in Scotland. I know that I have upto 4 years under the 'grandfather' clause to complete my lisence under the old CAR 31 system and that if I do (which i will) I will be granted a CASA Part-66 license.What I want to know is if this license can be used in the EU or if not (my suspicion) what the conversion process is, Including cost's involved if anyone knows. Cheers, Peter

bvcu
23rd Oct 2011, 18:23
Look on safety regulation group website, personnel licencing, engineers and download ELGD [engineering licence guidance document]. Dont think anyone's licences are recognised anymore , but check in doc. Documented experience is still required so keep the logbook going and then go for the exams whilst you're young and the training is still fresh in your mind !

airlineguy1980
25th Oct 2011, 13:08
Casa licenses cannot be converted to easa license as far as I know.but easa license from select countries can be converted to casa with air law only

Petrus101
25th Oct 2011, 16:42
Hmmm...That's a bit of a bummer. Maybe this will change in the future because according to CASA:

"By gaining a Part 66 licence, you will have an internationally recognised licence with more potential for automatic recognition by other countries."

Here's another question then, Does anyone know if jobs preformed here in Scotland can be used for SOE time accumulation?