PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest Place to Renew ME-IR

fa2fi
22nd Oct 2011, 08:34
Anyone recommend a good value place to renew my IR. Not flown a while on it so I'm thinking a few hours in the sim would be good. I've looked at Aerodynamics where I did the initial IR but by the time I factor in travel and hotels I'm wondering if I can get it done cheaper elsewhere. Can anyone advise?

Also sorry I don have access to LASORS right now. But in order to do an MCC does the MEIR need to be valid?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm away from home and have very limited Internet access. Thanks in advance.

tume
22nd Oct 2011, 11:22
Are you talking about renewal or revalidation?

In case of revalidation I can recommend Gestair Lisbon (located in Cascais Municipal airport). I just revalidated mine there earlier this month (UK issued license). They have an FNPT II (where I did the IR part) and two BE-76s. Outfit seemed professional and I was happy what I saw, the examiner also had no trouble speaking english.

I have been to Aerodynamics in Malaga earlier and found it horrible.

fa2fi
22nd Oct 2011, 12:56
It's no longer valid, expired about two years ago so will need to renew it. Ah I see, it was a few years ago since I went to ADM. Thanks, I'll take a look at Gestair.

tume
22nd Oct 2011, 14:46
Sure, take a look at Gestair as I am quite sure they also do renewals.

It was 2009 when I was in Malaga so they might have changed (doubt it though).